EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 14 Dec 2009, 05:44 PM   #1
whatsup

What the hell is mail com doing with my graffiti net user name?

For while the graffiti net login site had become different. Then the other day I logged in to graffiti net the new way and found my inbox had become a mail.com email address.

Fine. Problem is - after checking yes to terms and conditions of service I was given absolutely no notification that I had to do anything else, like change my user name or whatever. Come today and I tried to log in at both the graffit.net page which is still available and was told my 'user name does not exist'.

So I tried using my address at mail.com. Guess what? Yep, my user name does not exist there either. If I cannot login that means mail com has prevented my access to hundreds of valuable email files that I need. Absolutely need.

Can anybody help? Thanks.
whatsup is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Dec 2009, 07:06 PM   #2
amitraj

It looks like the graffiti.net account has been migrated to AOL. Try logging in at AOL Webmail with the userid and password: http://webmail.aol.com/
amitraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2009, 08:24 AM   #3
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

Chubeepers!

My Graffiti.net address from many years ago (at least from 2000) just worked to login at aol.com!

Now, I had to fill out security stuff, but dang, there it was.

An old Outblaze flagship.

Wow. . .

Last edited by kaptitsky : 15 Dec 2009 at 08:47 AM.
kaptitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2009, 09:57 AM   #4
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

I believe I had an account there several years ago too, which I assumed was long-defunct. I just wish I could still even remember my login details in order to try it now.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2009, 11:18 AM   #5
CyberSmurf

I tried to log into aol.com webmail ... no good.
So I sent a test message to my old address.

It looks like my graffiti.net, linuxmail.org, and mailpuppy.com accounts have finally been downgraded from "inactive user" to "recipient address rejected".
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2010, 08:50 AM   #6
Nikolaos
Essential Contributor

Bit late to this one but I'm poking about with mail.com and graffiti mail today so I thought I'd add this to the infobase.

It's probably too late for Cybersmurf since his test email got rejected, but if anyone else has login problems, here's something to try:

1) Make sure you enter your user name as the full graffiti.net account, and
2) Check for case/capitalization.

I like the move to mail.com since we finally get free pop3 after all these years. Worth the wait to finally be able to clean out my inbox [God, has it been a DECADE? I can't believe the accounts survived this long! I really expected iname and graffiti (as they were before mail.com took over) to vanish in the dotcom implosion. Amazing.]

When it was hosted on graffiti, I used to have terrible problems logging in because they were case-sensitive and I always forget to double-check the casing on my username. I don't know if the AOL servers are the same way but no harm following the same procedure - at any rate it works for logging in for me now, so I'm just going to stick with what works.

Also had problems because at first I was using just the username, which was how it worked on Graffiti, and that kept giving me invalid user/pass errors. Then it finally dawned on me that it was going through the Mail.com interface, and Mail.com has always required you to specify your domain since they have so many. So, "user" won't work but "user@graffiti.net" will.

Hope this helps a future searcher
Nikolaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 10:41 PM   #7
maena

Quien me puede explicar qué pasó con Graffiti.net

Hasta la semana pasada logré entrar a mi correo en Graffiti.net y ayer ya no logré hacerlo. Alguien sabe qué pasó? Alguien sabe como entrar? Alguien me puede ayudar? Tengo correos y contactos muy importantes que no quisiera perder.

Muchas Gracias

Until last week I managed to get my mail in Graffiti.net and yesterday I could not do it. Anyone know what happened? Anyone know how to enter? Someone can help me? I have very important emails and contact do not want to lose.

Mil gracias
maena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 10:45 PM   #8
maena

Quien me puede explicar qué pasó con Graffiti.net

Hasta la Semana Pasada logré ENTRAR A mi Correo en Graffiti.net y ayer ya no Hacerlo logré. Alguien SABE qué pasó? Alguien SABE COMO ENTRAR? Alguien me PUEDE Ayudar? Tengo Correos y Muy Importantes Contactos Que No Quisiera Perder.

Muchas Gracias

Until last week I managed to get my mail in Graffiti.net and yesterday I could not do it. Anyone know what happened? Anyone know how to enter? Someone can help me? I have very important emails and contact do not want to lose.

Mil gracias
maena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 05:25 AM   #9
Nikolaos
Essential Contributor

Hi maena,

Are you using the web interface or an email client?

If you are using a client, try checking that your login info and servers are correct.

1) Your username may be case-sensitive - it should match your original signup casing exactly.
2) the pop server is pop.aol.com, SSL, port 995.
3) Not sure about other email clients, but for Eudora, you should have Authentication Style set as "Passwords" and Secure sockets when receiving set as "Required, Alternate Port" in your POP3 tab.
4) The imap server is imap.aol.com, SSL, port 993.

If you are using the web interface and you find yourself being redirected to a new login page that looks different from the old one, that could be because your account just got changed to the new AOL servers. Check to make sure you are logging in with your full username (ie. "UserName@graffiti.net" and not just "UserName").

Good luck, hope at least one of these helps!
Nikolaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 07:03 AM   #10
ArchyArq

My graffiti mail is now at mail dot com

I followed the advice of one contributor and typed in my full graffiti e-mail on the site

http://www.mail.com/

and was able to access my old graffiti mail today!

Type in your full user name followed by graffiti -->> user@graffiti.net

and you will have access to your mail on the mail dot com server. Some are saying theirs is with aol. I tried aol and it didn't work for me, but at mail.com it worked for me!

Para acessar su e-mail en graffiti, vas ate o link arriba de mail.com e insira su direccion completa de e-mail graffiti como (usuario@graffiti.net) e contra-senha e terás acesso a su e-mail graffiti, como yo!
ArchyArq is offline   Reply With Quote