EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 29 Sep 2007, 11:05 PM   #1
MugaDev

Representative of:
MugaMail.com
New email service open for testing - MugaMail.com

Hello All EmailDiscussions.com users! I hope you will be nice to me as I am not really very good at this whole community thing, to much of a coder! Ok today as 3pm GMT MugaMail.com launched. Our main idea behind the site was to bring back email to it's roots. No flashy web 2.0 ajax. It's feature rich but also easy to use. Space is not to big as after-all we want to make a profit so unlike most other new email providers we have planned out everything money wise, this means two things A) We can go on to create new projects and B) We can make sure you email accounts stay up, and I mean that! If you sign up with the coupon emaildiscussions you will get more space and more aliases allowed. Keep upto date with the dev site: http://mugamail.com/devblog/ or visit this post. All comments will be taken and worked on. MugaMail is brought to you by MugaWuga.com

Check it out: http://mugamail.com
MugaDev is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Sep 2007, 11:53 PM   #2
ReuvenNY

Welcome to the forum, MugaDev!
Please PM to Edwin and ask him to add "Representative of:" to your member name.
What does " Welcome to the user: Bach. If you have any problems just email xxxxxxxx@mugamail.com and expect a email back within 10 mins" mean? It shows on every page...
Can you also give us some info on the service, the features, limits etc.?

Last edited by ReuvenNY : 30 Sep 2007 at 12:03 AM.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2007, 11:59 PM   #3
MugaDev

Representative of:
MugaMail.com
Already done so Reuven . And thank you for the welcome! Ok I removed that Welcome thing, as that was whoever joined last, but I don't want to confuse people.

Ok information:

- WebDisk, upto 2GB of files stored online. We are creating software for this, but right now you can share via http

- Space 2GB. You can get 2GB of emails (1GB for non-ED users)
- Email limit: 20MB both both sending and receiving
- Aliases allow for the user to have as many aliases as he wishs (limited to 5 for non-ED users)
- Fast. The website has been created to be fast, running on dedicated unix servers
- Filters, Signatures, Autoresponders and more!

So pop3 and IMAP?

These are coming, right now just trying to find a way to stop it being abused. As soon as it's live users will be able to use it for free.

Last edited by MugaDev : 30 Sep 2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:07 AM   #4
ReuvenNY

Thanks for your quick response!
A couple of more questions: How about folders, can the user create a folder? How about being able to view all the folders?
Also the icons at the top need balloon help or short descriptive text.
Nice work so far. You have come to the right place for input from people that care about email

Good luck!

P.S. I have edited the thread subject for a better and a more visible description.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:08 AM   #5
MugaDev

Representative of:
MugaMail.com
Hey again!

Ok folders will be done within the hour and the tooltips is a good idea. I'll get coding on that!

Thanks alot,
Dan.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:12 AM   #6
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Good new service.
A suggestion,it's too easy to create new alias accounts,without any protection mech.And the alias number (1000) is too much...Then the email account system would be abused heavily,some few guys can get much account names.
jeffpan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:36 AM   #7
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
Good new service.
A suggestion,it's too easy to create new alias accounts,without any protection mech.And the alias number (1000) is too much...Then the email account system would be abused heavily,some few guys can get much account names.
Actually, the number shown in my account is 10000, not 1000. Which is as good as unlimited for all practical purposes. But bear in mind that MugaDev has said that this number is limited to Emaildiscussions users. Surely you don't think there are any "abusers" among the users of these forums?
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:44 AM   #8
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
But bear in mind that MugaDev has said that this number is limited to Emaildiscussions users.
They know EMD users by identifying http reference?
Anyway,I think so many alias accounts and so easy open-way are not good to the systems.I'm working on the email systems which has 150 million users,I know this risk.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:50 AM   #9
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugaDev View Post
- WebDisk, upto 2GB of files stored online. We are creating software for this, but right now you can share via http

- Space 2GB. You can get 2GB of emails (1GB for non-ED users)
MugaDev,

Is the WebDisk 2GB storage in addition to the 2GB email storage, are is this 2GB storage space shared between email and the WebDisk?

I've already previously emailed you from the MugaMail interface about other issues/questions (which have now been addresssd above as well) and rerceived a prompt, courteous reply from you, and will likely have further questions and/or possible suggestions later, whether you might prefer addressing them here or by email.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 01:03 AM   #10
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
They know EMD users by identifying http reference?
Anyway,I think so many alias accounts and so easy open-way are not good to the systems.I'm working on the email systems which has 150 million users,I know this risk.
Well, I don't have your experience, but I'm guessing that if it appears to show potential for becomng a problem, the service might as easily reduce the limit(s) before it becomes a serous one -- or possibly just for "abusing" users, since it appears to be possible to offer a different number to individual users.

However, I would think that the only serious "abusers" of aliases would be spammers, and that there might be more useful means of identifying them than on the basis of the number of aliases used -- and since surely spammers can just as easily create as many fictional addresses as they want anyway, as they usually seem to do?
Old 30 Sep 2007, 01:37 AM   #11
MugaDev

Representative of:
MugaMail.com
Ok alot of great feedback coming from this topic. More than I expected. One of the things I've been requested alot here on ED and via email is a easier way to get around your folders. Now when logging in you have a easy to understand folder view. It looks like that:

http://mugamail.com/test.gif

Working on the other things you guys spoke about. Some I might get my staff to do when they come back to work.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 01:35 PM   #12
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
addresses as they want anyway, as they usually seem to do?
not only this point.
they also seem to have no reserve keywords for account names like sun,IBM,microsoft etc.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 09:39 PM   #13
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

While I still may or may not fully understand your point, as far as I can tell Mugamail makes it no easier to create user names or aliases than most other free email services I've tried, nor an more or less "secure" in terms of users creating "misleading" names, if that's what you mean. And since the number of combinations of same must be virtually infinite, I'm not sure how they or any other service ever reasonably could be expected to "police" every possible name which might lend itself to spammers' or scammers' purposes, even were they to manually approved every user name or alias created. And surely anyone gullible enough to "fall" for something as easily-faked/forged as an email address might likely be fooled just as easily with or without the use of such a childishly obvious ploy.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 12:14 AM   #14
Ennis
Cornerstone of the Community

I have to be able to import CSV contacts.
Ennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Oct 2007, 01:04 AM   #15
MugaDev

Representative of:
MugaMail.com
Things like IBM and Microsoft will be blocked soon. CSV contact importanting will be in todays update Ennis. Ok if anyone can send me there CSV contacts that would be great (don't worry they will be kept 100% confidental and never passed onto anyone else) I need to test the CSV import function

Last edited by MugaDev : 1 Oct 2007 at 01:21 AM.