EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 30 Oct 2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Prognathous
Master of the @

Switched to the Classic interface, but stylesheet is gone

I don't know which stylesheet I was using, but it looked like this. I'm unable to make the Classic interface look like this anymore. I don't recall using a custom stylesheet. Please advise.

Thanks,
Prog.
Prognathous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Oct 2012, 02:58 PM   #2
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

I was using a custom stylesheet, but it doesn't appear to be loading anymore.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:03 PM   #3
labarum
Essential Contributor

Precisely!

I think I was using "Executive".

It really surprises me how angry having these changes sprung on me have made me.

Where are my comfortable old slippers?

My wife is grumbling as as much as I am.

I'm certainly not against progress, but this has been badly executed.

I'm going for a bike ride - my blood pressure will go down.
labarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:21 PM   #4
astrodog73

I think the stylesheet was called 'concise'.... I'd like it back too, why did that have to go??? I'd even just like a way to be able to reduce the damn line spacing on the page so I can see more of my folders.....
astrodog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:25 PM   #5
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodog73 View Post
I'd even just like a way to be able to reduce the damn line spacing on the page so I can see more of my folders.....
I agree with you on this one. But because the arrows next to the folders to quickly copy/move messages are no longer there, I've just collapsed my folders down and hid the ones that I don't need quick access to.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:32 PM   #6
NJSS
Master of the @

Come on Fastmail can we please have a quick answer - there are many of us suffering from the problem highlighted by Prognathous.

Happily my emails go to POBox.Com, and are then redirected to FastMail & RunBox. so if I have to, and I don't want to, I can switch to RunBox.

NJSS
NJSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 03:59 PM   #7
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

Yes, Prog's stylesheet was Concise, and I was using it too, and liked it. When I logged in earlier this evening, it was there, but now gone. Please bring it back.

To tell the truth, I never did like it that much (because of the color scheme), but it was the best of what was offered by the 2nd Gen web client (now called "Classic" apparently), because of the compactness of display.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 05:28 PM   #8
labarum
Essential Contributor

Quote:
I'd even just like a way to be able to reduce the damn line spacing on the page so I can see more of my folders.....
Absolutely. Some users may love this new approach, but clearly it does not suit all.

I read and sent emails "text only". I have been playing with the default display fonts in the Chrome browser in an attempt to increase the font size and reduce the line spacing. I have made some progress, but I did have it optimised for my 11.5" screen before.

It really was most ungentlemanly of Fastmail to wake us up early in the morning to a new set of working practices.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 05:31 PM   #9
astrodog73

Yes, not very nice.... was expecting some 'maintenance' and ended up with gmail!
astrodog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 05:44 PM   #10
labarum
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Yes, not very nice.... was expecting some 'maintenance' and ended up with gmail!
In Chrome advanced settings I have set page zoom to 75% and font to large - that gives me some screen space back, but line spacing is stiil too great for me.

I have not looked at how other webpages - like BBC News - now display.

Edit: I have now. Zoom=75% messes everything else up.

I didn't need all this faffing about after using Fastmail for ten years.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 11:18 PM   #11
Prognathous
Master of the @

Quote:
I think the stylesheet was called 'concise'.... I'd like it back too, why did that have to go??? I'd even just like a way to be able to reduce the damn line spacing on the page so I can see more of my folders.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix View Post
Yes, Prog's stylesheet was Concise, and I was using it too, and liked it. When I logged in earlier this evening, it was there, but now gone. Please bring it back.
Either the stylesheet I was using with the previous (2nd gen) interface was not Concise, or the one which is currently available with the Classic interface (also referred to as "Concise") isn't what it's claimed to be. The two are very different. The one I was using was pretty good, and current one is rubbish.

Prog.
Prognathous is offline   Reply With Quote