EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 20 Jun 2021, 09:37 AM   #1
TSerzhO_

Question Email provider(s) with LifeTime plans/subscriptions?

Hi, Everyone ,

I'm seeking for reliable/trusted e-mail (WebMail) provider(s) offering LifeTime plans/subscriptions (one-time payment ). Can someone of you think of any? I'd really appreciate your answer .

Of course, the more features they provide the better, but the key ones I fundamentally need are:
- LifeTime plan/subscription (one-time payment)
- ± 1 GB of storage at least (again, the more the better for sure)
- web-access
- HTTPS, SSL/TLS
- POP/POP3 (that I prefer over IMAP)
- SMTP
- auto-forwarding + filters (rules)
not too strict or (preferably) no message/bandwidth/etc. quotas
- not too strict email attachment size limits: 20+ MB would be fine, 30+ - perfect; no email attachments number limit
- not too strict other restrictions (such as number of To:, CC:, BCC: recipients, etc.)

Aliases or at least plus-addressing (or, even better, both) would certainly be quite some advantage for me.

Could anyone assist with this please as I've tired of searching the Internet for no avail? I'd really appreciate any help.
NOTE: I need this not for generating something like a bulk mailing and especially not for originating any kind of junk/spam (definitely not!).
Regards,
S0T

Last edited by TSerzhO_ : 20 Jun 2021 at 09:48 AM.
TSerzhO_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Jun 2021, 07:57 PM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

There are quite a few free email providers which offer all (or nearly all) facilities you require.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2021, 04:05 AM   #3
TSerzhO_

Question Web-e-mail provider(s) with LifeTime plans/subscriptions?

Hi, janusz,

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
There are quite a few free email providers which offer all (or nearly all) facilities you require.
Indeed, thanks, but are there some paid ones (lifetime ) that come to your mind?
Old 21 Jun 2021, 04:37 AM   #4
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Can't think of any. Fastmail.com used to have lifetime accounts many years ago but they got discontinued and users were forced to upgrade to something standard (i.e. paid yearly)
Old 21 Jun 2021, 04:47 AM   #5
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

https://mxroute.com/pricing/

Quote:
Lifetime Promo!
We have a very limited number of lifetime packages to sell. These include 10GB storage, unlimited email accounts, unlimited domains, and 300 outbound emails per hour limit. All regular features included like Crossbox, Roundcube, Rainloop, and our DirectAdmin-based control panel. Get it now for $125, when it's sold out there may not be any more!
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2021, 07:41 AM   #6
TenFour
Master of the @

Of course by "lifetime" it means until the company folds or changes its mind. Personally, I wouldn't ever want to lock myself in to any service for a lifetime. There could be a tech revolution tomorrow that would make it obsolete.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2021, 06:44 PM   #7
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

The lifetime price is equivalent to less than 3 years' subscription to the mxroute's "small" plan, which as far as I can tell offers everything the OP wants.
Mxroute offers no trial periods and no refunds, so think before you jump.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 07:07 PM   #8
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
Mxroute offers no trial periods and no refunds, so think before you jump.
They are also very strict on spammers using their service:

https://mxroute.com/policy/

Quote:
Outgoing spam from our servers will not be tolerated. Spam is defined as unsolicited e-mail. All mailing lists must be double opt-in, meaning that clients must sign up and then verify their e-mail address to be added to your mailing list. Violations of this policy will result in service termination. Spam found to be intentional will result in us sharing your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, IP address, signup domain, and PayPal e-mail address with FraudRecord.com. Additionally, intentional unsolicited marketing emails will be billed at a rate of $1 per email.
Quote:
Commentary: We know intentional spam from unintentional spam. We know a password compromise from you sending an unsolicited marketing email for your company. How we do that is a trick of the trade, but there’s no room for false positive. If we terminate you for spamming, you did it and you know it. Plenty of customers accidentally send spam due to compromised systems on their side, and we only terminate for that if we’ve been asking you to fix it forever and it just won’t stop happening.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2021, 03:54 AM   #9
TSerzhO_

S0T

Hi, Everyone ,

Thanks for the replies!

I have no experience in buying or owning domains or hostings, so sorry if I'm wrong about something, but MXroute appears to me more a domain/hosting provider than a webmail one, no? Anyway, this is at least something, thanks!

One question: does MXroute seem reliable/trusted enough to you? What do you, guys, think?

FredOnline, I'm planning to mainly receive emails rather than send them, so no worries. The only problem I can think of: whether they can get my money, but then (after some time) terminate my account for some alleged, not real or actual reason ...

Last edited by TSerzhO_ : 22 Jun 2021 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Small correction ...
Old 24 Jun 2021, 08:56 AM   #10
TSerzhO_

Unhappy S0T

Nothing else could anyone say or suggest?
Old 29 Jun 2021, 12:08 AM   #11
jtayd

I’m not sure but mailchimp sends a lot of newsletters.
jtayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2021, 05:45 AM   #12
emoore
Essential Contributor

https://www.securemyemail.com offers a "$99.99 Limited-Time Lifetime plans". No idea how good they are but it has a 30 day free trial. No guarantee the lifetime subscription offer will still be available 30 days from now, it seems to be a periodic sale they offer to a limited number of customers.

They are a product of Witopia, which was founded in 2005.

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/securemyemail
https://www.securemyemail.com/encryp...ail-downloads/
emoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2021, 05:53 AM   #13
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Lightbulb

Securemyemail is a very different kettle of fish:
Quote:
SecureMyEmail easily encrypts your email communications without making you switch to a new email address
Old 30 Jun 2021, 09:34 AM   #14
TSerzhO_

S0T

Thanks, guys, but yes, neither Mailchimp nor SecureMyEmail look like what I'm seeking for, unfortunately.
Old 30 Jun 2021, 11:02 AM   #15
Mugwhamp
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtayd View Post
I’m not sure but mailchimp sends a lot of newsletters.
If censorship is a concern, Mailchimp may give reason for pause. Article: Mailchimp to censor content at its "sole discretion"
Mugwhamp is offline   Reply With Quote