EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 8 Feb 2023, 06:18 PM   #1
Fenman
Cornerstone of the Community

Threads appearing in both Snoozed and Archived folders

I was a bit baffled this morning at finding some threads appearing in both the 'Snoozed' and 'Archive' folders. They are threads I don't recall archiving.

I'm using app.fastmail.com in Firefox, and I have the conversations set to 'Group messages with their replies'.

Are there circumstances in which threads can show in both folders?
Fenman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Feb 2023, 01:08 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

I do not know the answer for sure, but this is what I would expect:
  • Any messages in a thread that were previosuly archived would be in the Archive
  • Messages in the thread that have not been archived would be stored elsewhere, possibly including the Snoozed messages folder
  • When you do a search (that omits Archive) threads that match messages in the Archive, but not in any message that is not archived, the thread will not appear in the search results
  • Any thread that matches a search result will also show any messages in the thread that were archived.

To state this a different way ...
Messages are managed individually as far as their location within the folder hierarchy is concerned. New arrived messages where all previous messages in the thread were archived, are not automatically archived on arrival. Similarly, no previously archived message is un-archived.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Feb 2023, 04:29 AM   #3
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Because the Archive button is right next to the Delete button in the message viewer, I quite often click Archive by mistake. Usually I then click the Undo button that pops up at the foot of the viewer.

Maybe you've misclicked and not then undone that?
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Feb 2023, 07:50 PM   #4
Fenman
Cornerstone of the Community

Thanks for clarifying, BritTim. Yes, JeremyNicoll, I have fat-fingered emails into the Archive folder more than once. I was surprised to see it in two folders, though.

I realised afterwards that my calendar was set to post invitations in the calendar and then Archive them. That accounts for a lot of them, and I've changed it.
Fenman is offline   Reply With Quote