EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 31 Jan 2022, 11:12 AM   #16
Grhm
Essential Contributor

I completely disagree. I have complete sympathy with FM's policy on this. If you can't be arsed to open a support ticket you're not a serious customer. Bollocks to Twitface.
Grhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2022, 11:58 AM   #17
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
What people have to remember Australia is in a different time zone so there can be 10 hour difference, if the support is ex US same problem depending where you live.
Half the company is in Philadelphia, USA now, which is fairly centrally located for timezones across the western hemisphere and western Europe. Also, IIRC, they have hired a bunch of remote tech support staff in different timezones precisely to improve response time, no? I guess it doesn't seem to have made much difference.

Also, I agree with Ghrm's preceding comment, and although I have nothing of substance (or style ) to add to it, I wish I could click Like! Some of us have been really spoiled by social media in this sense. We need a forum that at least has a like button!
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2022, 05:19 PM   #18
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

I completely disagree with the comments on Twitter, it can be a very useful tool, like a gun . . . in the hands of the right people.

Granted, there are idiots/keyboard warriors that do spoil it somewhat, but there are also many very knowledgeable people that use it.

Unfortunately, we have also our fair share of the former on this forum, but fortunately, we have loads of the latter.

Fastmail have something that few other email providers have - this forum, whether they like it or not.

This forum has a wealth of experience with Fastmail, we can advise on many matters, and help solve problems.

If we can't solve the problem, then by all means raise a ticket with Fastmail Support!
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2022, 06:12 PM   #19
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikotret View Post
... someone asked if he will lose his data from other email provider when he imports his data to FM.
... A trained rep would say no you won't lose your data from old email
I don't think that they can responsibly promise no loss of data because this depends on the other provider not screwing up the transfer, and perhaps on the user setting up the transfer correctly, and that may depend on correct and compatible configuration on both sides.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2022, 08:34 PM   #20
TenFour
Master of the @

I left FM because of slow response time to several tickets, and slow response in fixing things that were clearly their problems on their end with their system not working properly. They eventually gave me some credit on my account in apology, but having experienced something very similar with POBox.com previously I could see a pattern. Yes, every tech service provider has its own bad moments, big or small, but there is something particularly infuriating when email isn't working correctly because it is something I need every day all day. I'm in the USA and in my experience response is almost never the same day. Can be overnight, but may take several days. When you're dealing with a problem that doesn't get solved on the first go that can easily mean a week goes by before it gets fixed. I experienced the same delays with POBox.com.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2022, 05:17 PM   #21
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikotret View Post
I think FM should have more trained staff answering Twitter questions. Whenever someone tweets and ask a simple, FM Twitter tells them send an email to support to open a ticket. Most of questions can easily been answered instead of opening a ticket.
For example:

https://i.postimg.cc/K8SWx0T5/Screen...3-08-05-48.png

Luckily, @EMDiscussions rides to the rescue!
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 01:58 AM   #22
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

For a current example, I opened a ticket on Wed 11 May at 12:39 (the time I see on the FM ticketing system) reporting a problem where a search failed to find some emails which they should have found.

The first level response (escalating this) is timestamped Sat 14 May at 01:18 ... so just over 2.5 days later, and not spanning a weekend.

I've heard nothing since then.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote