EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 29 Jul 2021, 07:17 AM   #1
lsc

Select email provider to send an article

There is an app for the computer that allows you to send an article, like from a newspaper e-edition, by selecting email and this takes you to the app (Share e-mail?) that allows you to select the email client you use to send the email, Good for sending to multiple parties. I can not find it now as I am resetting up firefox which crashed on my laptop. Any suggestions where to hunt? Thanks.
lsc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31 Jul 2021, 12:14 AM   #2
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Are you sure that such a program - to choose email client? - exists? It's normal only to install a single email client on a machine, if one installs one at all - many people these days just use a webmail service.

OSes generally allow one to set which program to use (ie the default one) when browsing things, and if you want, which program for email and news (ie NNTP / Usenet). But that's just telling the OS that you do have a specific program you want to use to process any email or http[s] links you find in other apps, so that if for example you click on a URL somewhere it will immediately pass that to the program you want to process it.

Often the way you tell the OS that such-and-such a client is to be considered the default email/ news/ browser is via that program's own Settings/Preferences. Some will also re-check that they are still set as default every time that they are started.

I do not see why a choice of email program would make it easier to send to multiple parties. I'd expect any email program to be able to do that.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote