EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 14 Jul 2006, 03:40 PM   #1
Dave P in StLouis
Cornerstone of the Community

Any registration problems with iPower?

Four days ago, a domain that I manage for a friend was about to expire so I transferred it from RegisterFly to iPower. So far I haven't heard from iPower, except that my Visa card has been charged. At the moment, Whois for the domain shows that it's expired and that the registrar is still RegisterFly. Has anyone else had problems or other bad experiences with iPower? Thanks.
Dave P in StLouis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Jul 2006, 09:06 PM   #2
ReuvenNY

I think the rules say that you have to transfer 30 or more days before expiration, at least that's what I remember...
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2006, 12:51 PM   #3
Dave P in StLouis

Hmmm. The only thing I can find is that a domain can't be transferred within 60 days after being registered or transferred. But I knew that anyway. See: http://www.icann.org/transfers/policy-12jul04.htm.
Quote:
Upon denying a transfer request for any of the following reasons, the Registrar of Record must provide the Registered Name Holder and the potential Gaining Registrar with the reason for denial. The Registrar of Record may deny a transfer request only in the following specific instances: . . .
# A domain name is in the first 60 days of an initial registration period.
# A domain name is within 60 days (or a lesser period to be determined) after being transferred (apart from being transferred back to the original Registrar in cases where both Registrars so agree and/or where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs).
Old 4 Aug 2006, 03:51 PM   #4
Dave P in StLouis

Sorry to be slandering iPower. Turns out the problem was with RegisterFly. They wouldn't allow the domain to be unlocked until it was renewed through them, even though it had already been renewed when it was transferred. So the domain is stuck there for at least 60 days until I can transfer it (again).