EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 15 Mar 2005, 08:19 PM   #1
glen_dsouza

Post Address Book

I am a new user at runbox and i have been really impressed by it. I usually dont like paid emails so always kept myself happy with a free webmails. But i was so impressed with the simple look of runbox and the reviews that i just got myself one. I have one major problem that I am unable to upload my address book which is in CVS format. It keeps saying Error: The CVS file cannot be read. I even tried exporting the Runbox Address book and importing it back again and i get the same error message. I've written to Liz thrice but there has just been no replies. I dont wanna sit an manually enter 500 addresses. Please help me out with this. So far i am unhappy with the supprt that liz has given me as there has been no support at all. Can anyone help me. PLZZZZZZ
glen_dsouza is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 Mar 2005, 09:33 PM   #2
hajonez
Cornerstone of the Community

Hi Glen,

Glad to hear that you are impressed by the Runbox email service. I have been a user for a number of years now and, like you, was initially attracted by its professional and clean web interface.

The reason you have not probably heard from Liz yet is that she is extremely busy at the moment and is only providing limited support for issues that are not considered urgent. I imagine that support will return to normality once the backlog of support requests have been cleared.

In the meantime, you may wish to try using the bookmarklet available at this site. Developed by one of Runbox's users, this bookmarklet may enable you to import your CSV file. The process is slightly more complex than the standard import but hopefully, it will yield results.

I'm not entirely sure why Runbox's CSV import feature is not working for you. Which email client did you export the CSV file from?

Hope this helps.

- Henry
hajonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2005, 10:12 PM   #3
glen_dsouza

Hey Henry,

Thanks a ton for a quick reply but i guess m just jinxed. Everytime i go to that link it give me an error message. Not a runbox site. Is it just me or is it that me n runbox don get along well. )

Asking for help again.

Glen
Old 15 Mar 2005, 10:17 PM   #4
jbs
Essential Contributor

Nahh, it's the nature of java bookmarklets. I think there are more specific instructions on the page, but basically you'll need to add the bookmarklet to your bookmarks, then go to a Runbox page, then click on the bookmarklet. I use an IE-based browser, and I place bookmarklets in the top rom of "links" so that they are easily accessible.

If you're getting the "Not a Runbox site" message, I imagine it's because you're "clicking on" the bookmarklet at the site, rather than right-clicking and selecting "add to favorites" (or however it works in your browser).

--Jason
jbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2005, 12:00 AM   #5
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally posted by glen_dsouza
Hey Henry,

Thanks a ton for a quick reply but i guess m just jinxed. Everytime i go to that link it give me an error message. Not a runbox site. Is it just me or is it that me n runbox don get along well. )

Asking for help again.

Glen
Hi Glen,

Jason is correct about bookmarklet. Look at the "How do I install it?" section. If you have any problems with the bookmarklet just post back. The javascript bookmarklet does require the CSV file to be a Quoted CSV file which means that the data fields are not only comma separated but also within quotes. This is the format produced by the Yahoo! Address Book CSV Export. So if you're data is not in this format already I usually suggested using the Yahoo! Address Book to Import then Export. Yahoo! accounts are free so if you don't already have one you can get one easily so that you can convert the data. I know it's not an ideal approach but the bookmarklet was just an intermediate solution until Runbox provided an Import feature.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2005, 04:33 AM   #6
Aleks

Exclamation

import as tab delimited values instead.
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2005, 04:03 PM   #7
glen_dsouza

Thanks alot guys. I was basically the dud. I kept opening the link from a new page when i was supposed to have opened it from the Runbox Address Book. Its a really neat script. Hats off to the guys who designed it. Really glad that i have Runbox now. Loved everything about it except for the address book that was bothering me. Liz i wont be bothering you any more. Thanks alot you people for helping me out with this.

Glen
Old 16 Mar 2005, 04:10 PM   #8
hajonez
Cornerstone of the Community

Hi Glen,

Great to hear that you successfully used the javascript bookmarklet to import your long list of email addresses. The designer is none other than Richard Carver, one of Runbox's customers. He's been a strong supporter of the Runbox platform for a long time and has done some amazing things to improve the web interface.

If you have any more questions or problems, don't hesitate to drop into the forum again. Thanks to the excellent moderation and number of enthusiastic users, it is a wonderful place to find superb support.

- Henry
hajonez is offline   Reply With Quote