EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 8 May 2021, 05:44 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Fast mail Price

Noticed Fast Mail has increased price right much in past month or so
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 May 2021, 06:27 AM   #2
placebo
Cornerstone of the Community

Where did you see that? The prices on the Pricing page are unchanged, I think.
placebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2021, 01:57 PM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Yes, you need to be much more specific to understand what you think has happened. For example, which account level, new or renewal, one month or longer term, etc.

I have a Standard account I upgraded to in early 2017 at a rate of $130 for a 3 year term. I have since renewed it once for another three years, and when I check the early renewal rate it's still $130 / 3 years.

I also have a Basic account I upgraded to in early 2017. The original rate was $40/year but now it's gone down to $30/year.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2021, 10:22 PM   #4
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks to Placebo and n5bb for your response. i have had a basic account in the fairly recent past, say few months and it was bout $30 a year. I let it expire and went in a week ago to re join for basic version an price quoted was $50 per year. and i declined to join. I will check again to make sure i am correct
Old 8 May 2021, 10:46 PM   #5
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Sorry bout my $50 comment. Can't find it. Found Business quote for $30 and regular quote
Starting at $ 3.00 per month basic version. I was wrong and may return and sign up
Old 12 May 2021, 02:43 AM   #6
Quincy_G

too much for a family

I had a Fastmail account for years, but now that the kids are bigger and need their own mail accounts, it just gets too expensive. A standard account at 59,50$ and then 4 basic (wife, 3 kids) at 35,70, that makes 202,30$ a year, that's just too much for a family.
Quincy_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 04:34 AM   #7
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

I hear you Quincy, don't think i could afford it if i had other family eithere
Old 12 May 2021, 06:46 AM   #8
TenFour
Master of the @

Check out Purelymail--$10 a year and you can add multiple domains and multiple users. "No arbitrary limits" is what they claim. If you use a lot of resources they bump you up to "advanced pricing" that still looks extremely reasonable. There's a good thread about Purelymail running recently. http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...ght=purelymail
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 12:07 AM   #9
Quincy_G

Hello, thanks for the tip with Purelymail. I have looked at it and the features are good, the price is unbeatable. But what puts me off: It's a one-man-show, that's too tricky for me, nowadays so much is done via email, I can't afford it if it breaks down for longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Check out Purelymail--$10 a year and you can add multiple domains and multiple users. "No arbitrary limits" is what they claim. If you use a lot of resources they bump you up to "advanced pricing" that still looks extremely reasonable. There's a good thread about Purelymail running recently. http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...ght=purelymail
Old 14 May 2021, 07:21 AM   #10
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Email is worth much more than what we pay for it.
I spend much more annually on maintaining my addiction to caffeine and various other substances that are bad for me than what I spend on email that serves me well.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 05:26 PM   #11
Quincy_G

I agree with you wholeheartedly. If you want something reasonable, you should already be willing to pay for it. I don't use free providers either. Alone because I want to send e-mails with my own domain. But with my current provider I pay 45$ a year for as many accounts and alias addresses as I want up to a total storage space of 50GB and another 10$ a year for the domain. I think that's okay. Fastmail of course offers calendars and a much better filtering system, as well as its own app and a fast, streamlined web interface. But at 100$ a year I would draw the pain threshold for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
Email is worth much more than what we pay for it.
I spend much more annually on maintaining my addiction to caffeine and various other substances that are bad for me than what I spend on email that serves me well.
Old 15 May 2021, 04:01 PM   #12
lpn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy_G View Post
I agree with you wholeheartedly. If you want something reasonable, you should already be willing to pay for it. I don't use free providers either. Alone because I want to send e-mails with my own domain. But with my current provider I pay 45$ a year for as many accounts and alias addresses as I want up to a total storage space of 50GB and another 10$ a year for the domain. I think that's okay. Fastmail of course offers calendars and a much better filtering system, as well as its own app and a fast, streamlined web interface. But at 100$ a year I would draw the pain threshold for me.
Which provider are you using?
lpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 04:31 PM   #13
Quincy_G

All-inkl.com
Old 16 May 2021, 02:14 PM   #14
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Email is not all about price.

For me its features, benefits, reliability and a nice fastmail.com domain
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote