EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 7 Nov 2008, 11:42 PM   #16
stuart_w

I find Runbox extremely reliable - using it robustly since 2005 and never looked back - after being with an ISP that had rather a low priority towards reliable email. Multiple POP accounts can be collected and stored in separate folders. It also suits my wife and I that we can be logged in at the same time - we often need to check each others' messages. We both work in different schools, and both have a work email address and two personal email addresses for different contacts and Runbox sorts this all out really well. It is clear, simple, fast at searching for emails from a long time ago, and offers all the functionality we need - we can even both be writing an email at the same time. We both need simple easy access at work and home. We can write from any of our email addresses. It works really well for us. The b uilt in trainable SPAM filter does a really good job once you get used to training it!

Last edited by stuart_w : 20 Nov 2008 at 01:45 AM.
stuart_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2008, 04:16 AM   #17
t701rls

Not even on a good day

Runbox is notoriously unreliable...and that's the least of the horde of problems you will encounter.
t701rls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2008, 04:25 AM   #18
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by t701rls View Post
Runbox is notoriously unreliable...and that's the least of the horde of problems you will encounter.
I'm sure some would like to know the problems you've had. Saying "horde of problems" is a bit vague and not very helpful to someone considering using Runbox.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2008, 08:36 AM   #19
pingme97
Essential Contributor

It would be good if you could give some example on how service failed for you. I had been using runbox for around 3 years. And while there were some minor hickups here and there, its definitely very reliable system. that matter even gmail, yahoo etc too face problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t701rls View Post
pingme97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2008, 02:06 AM   #20
tomhab
Essential Contributor

In 4/5 years, I think there was only one real incident that I can remember. Can't remember what happened, but meant that runbox was down for most of a day whilst a database was rebuilt. Nothing was lost, and I think I must have been in a good mood that day as I don't remember being upset heh.

Do the math and thats over 99.999% uptime. OK I've probably not been on every day, and that's not taking into account any overnight upgrades that have happened whilst I was asleep, so not quite that figure, but I'll let someone else work it out.

To be honest, gmail's interface does seem faster, but it's good enough for me. People will talk about IMAP problems, and bare in mind I've not used the latest release which has a couple of years of upgrades, but they tend to be nuances that rarely affect me. Things like batch copying etc. Because of work firewalls, I only use the web interface, with occasional IMAP for access only on my phone etc.

I love the spam controls on Runbox, but it's probably not unique to it.
tomhab is offline   Reply With Quote