EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 25 Oct 2022, 10:47 PM   #1
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
European email providers

https://european-alternatives.eu/cat...mail-providers
Have you been using one of them? I have web.de, GMX from the EU.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Oct 2022, 09:13 AM   #2
emoore
Essential Contributor

I used to have an account with inbox.eu. It was cheap, had a 100GB mailbox and worked well. I was evaluating it as an alternative to my Fastmail account. The problem was that most major email providers in the USA automatically classified any mail I sent from it (regardless of the contents and the fact it passed all of their spam checks) as spam because they got so little traffic from that domain.

I have a gmx.com account (US based) and knew about gmx.net, but never heard of gmx.at before. That seems to get remapped to gmx.net.

The only one on that list I hadn't heard of before was Raidboxes Emails. Seems overpriced.

I had considered switching to posteo but was uncomfortable with the fact they didn't have a spam folder.
emoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2022, 09:31 AM   #3
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoore View Post
I used to have an account with inbox.eu. It was cheap, had a 100GB mailbox and worked well. I was evaluating it as an alternative to my Fastmail account. The problem was that most major email providers in the USA automatically classified any mail I sent from it (regardless of the contents and the fact it passed all of their spam checks) as spam because they got so little traffic from that domain.

I have a gmx.com account (US based) and knew about gmx.net, but never heard of gmx.at before. That seems to get remapped to gmx.net.

The only one on that list I hadn't heard of before was Raidboxes Emails. Seems overpriced.

I had considered switching to posteo but was uncomfortable with the fact they didn't have a spam folder.
please note posteo doesn't support personal domains. but mailbox.org seems support.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2022, 01:28 AM   #4
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

I'm a fan of several of them on that list -- not in any particular order: mailbox.org, Posteo, Proton, Tutanota, StartMail, and Mailfence. They have proven to be pretty solid, reliable, trustworthy providers in my experience. YMMV but check out their features to see if they match your needs.

Proton is having a black friday special right now, and StartMail tends to run 40-50% specials regularly (for the first year).
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2022, 11:49 PM   #5
Bamb0
Master of the @

Muchos Gracious Jeff
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2023, 05:43 AM   #6
webecedarian
Essential Contributor

Thanks for the list. I'll take a look.

I've tried GMX and had a god-awful experience where, first, it refused to log in, and no matter what I tried, including tracking down the parent company, including telephoning, everyone claimed they knew nothing about GMX. Then a further problem when I tried to reinstate it, and it clearly said the handle was available, but when I went through the sign-up process, it claimed it was taken.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2023, 12:22 AM   #7
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
Protonmail. And very satisfied with it. To the extent that I'd consider paying to have a second mailbox in addition to the free one I have as we speak. I'd recommend Protonmail to anyone looking for reliable email.

Of the other providers on the list, I'm likely to give Mailfence a try.

The list of EU-based email providers on that list is incomplete though, and seems to focus mainly on privacy-orientated providers. There's quite a few European email providers missing in the list on that site.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote