EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 9 Jul 2021, 02:59 AM   #1
talerco

iphone set up - Communigate Pro

Have outlook email working on desktop.
Trying to set up on iphone. Can't get it working either as a standard iphone email and also cant log in from iphone online.
When trying to add as email message says "disabled authetication method".
When I try to log in online with the iphone it says "disabled authentication method".
Again - this all works either way (online log in or Outlook) on my desktop.
Suggestions?
Thanks, David
talerco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Jul 2021, 06:38 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Welcome to the EMD Forums!

Unfortunately, “Outlook email” can refer to several different things:
  • Email domain name. I have email addresses at the outlook.com and live.com domain.
  • Email client software which runs on a PC or mobile device.
  • URL (www.outlook.com) for Microsoft website which redirects to outlook.live.com to read and send email from your Outlook account at the outlook.com domain (and related domains such as live.com).
The body of your post only mentions outlook, but the subject says “Communigate Pro”. So I’m not sure if you are using the iOS App Store “Communigate Pro” app and trying to access either an outlook.com email account or a Communigate account, or trying to use the iOS App Store Outlook email client to access email services for Communigate. And I don’t understand your comments about “standard iPhone email” — Do you you mean you are trying to use the native iOS Mail email client to log into either an outlook.com or Communigate email server?

“Authentication” is how a system verifies that you have rights to access some resource, such as to send or receive email on a server. Nearly all email systems for years have required encrypted TLS (transport level security) to access resources. See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security

It’s possible that you are trying to use an authentication method which is rejected by the email server. Be sure to read the most recent documentation for the system you are trying to access.

Microsoft Exchange servers may use a MAPI interface, which is a standard mostly used by Microsoft. MAPI is not supported by most email clients. See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAPI

I mention all of these things because I’m not sure what you are trying to do. A search indicates that it has been over 10 years since Communigate Pro has been mentioned here on the EMD forums. It appears that only one EMD poster had knowledge of that product, and their last post here was over 4 years ago.

Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote