EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 18 Jul 2021, 03:55 AM   #1
m46ah_30
Essential Contributor

Missing Feature

The emails in my wife's Inbox each display a "preview" sentence under the subject line; mine don't. I find this a handy feature but I cannot find any way to enable it in my account. Her account is a very simple one with few features, few aliases (2) and little storage while mine is somewhat more sophisticated with more aliases and considerably more storage. We've had these accounts for many years and I seem to remember something in the "preferences" about previews but I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know where I'm NOT looking?
m46ah_30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Jul 2021, 10:12 AM   #2
pjroutledge

Try Settings | Preferences.
Find the 'Layout' subsection in the 'Mail' section. Choose 'Show reading pane'.

Not sure if this is the only way. Not sure why hiding the reading pane also seems to hide the message previews.
pjroutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2021, 01:25 PM   #3
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by m46ah_30 View Post
The emails in my wife's Inbox each display a "preview" sentence under the subject line; mine don't. I find this a handy feature but I cannot find any way to enable it in my account.
I think you are referring to the "Show message previews" vs. "Just show the senders, subject and date" settings. In the webmail, on the top right side of the heading pane column titles, you should see a popup menu that selects the sorting order. That popup menu also includes a "Preview" section to set the "Show message previews" and "Just show the senders, subject and date".

Last edited by xyzzy : 18 Jul 2021 at 01:31 PM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2021, 07:36 PM   #4
m46ah_30
Essential Contributor

Thumbs up Thank you both...

Thanks for the replies. xyzzy's suggestion is exactly what I was looking for!
m46ah_30 is offline   Reply With Quote