EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 28 Apr 2021, 12:22 PM   #1
Bamb0
Master of the @

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person,we will know how to be grateful for that gift.
When the door of happiness closes,another opens,but often times we look so long at the closed door that we dont see the one which has been opened for us.

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with,never say a word,and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've every had.

Its true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it,but its also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back!
Don't expect love in return;just wait for it to grow in their heart but if it doesn't,be content it grew in yours.

It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone,an hour to like someone,and a day to love someone,but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

Dont go for looks;they can deceive. Don't go for wealth;even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.

Find the one that makes your heart smile.

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real!

Dream what you want to dream;go where you want to go;be what you want to be,because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,enough trials to make you strong,enough sorrow to keep you human,enough hope to make you happy.

Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you,it probably hurts the other person,too.

The happiest of people dont necessarily have the best of everything;they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Happiness lies for those who cry,those who hurt,those who have searched,and those who have tried,for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives.

Love begins with a smile,grows with a kiss and ends with a tear.

The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past,you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born,you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die,you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Apr 2021, 05:00 PM   #2
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

1. You don't really have to forget your past to let go of it.
  2. Meeting the "wrong" people (actually not "wrong" but those who are not "the right one") is not just so we are greatful when we meet the right one. Many years ago, when I was much younger, after a relationship that lasted several years ended, I decided not to look for "the right one" but just live life. I realized that I was wasting my life avoiding relationships that are "wrong". So at that short period of time, I deliberately did not avoid relationships with women that were certainly not the right one for me. And actually I had some very good short lived relationships, and i learned a lot from it. You learn a lot from people that are very different and quite incompatible with you.
  3. That period didn't last long, since then i met "the right one".
  4. That period started with a breakup, when a former partner fell in love with someone else. What I realized then was that I was so happy for her, because i could see he really was "the right one" for her. I also realized then that it was the first time I knew I really loved her, because i was absolutely positive that what i wanted is for her to go with him (I was also satisfied that I knew then my path is different, although I still lost about ten pounds that week).
  5. I somewhat regretted wasting most of my time as a young person looking for the right one instead of just living, and getting to know many different people, including those who are certainly "not right". But then when I look back at life and decisions I made I always realize that they were actually the right decisions given what I knew and what i believed back then. The only reason that now I think I should have acted differently is that I know now what I have not known then, and my beliefs have changed based on much more life experience.
  6. So my message to younger people is: don't avoid "wrong relationships"/ Make them good and short. When "the right one" arrives you will recognize it, and usually what you need to be able to recognize it is a lot of good experience with "wrong ones".
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2021, 06:09 AM   #3
Bamb0
Master of the @

Some good points there also!!

I cried when I first read that......I feel like I have been blessed in the last couple weeks... I have gotton 2 of the best friends I have ever had along with thier whole family.......

I was out of it,didnt wanna live anymore and felt hopeless all of last year and now..... Last June I met some people who I thought were my friends and for a month they were,then they turned on me severely and I have been a mental mess since last July or so....

I have just met these people and already they are MUCH MORE LOVING AND CARING than the ones from last year.... If I didnt start looking for them again,I probably would still be trying to get the ppl form last year back which now I can see are horrible people compared to the friends I have now....
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote