EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 3 Jul 2023, 07:12 AM   #16
Bamb0
Master of the @

Thumbs down

I have tried to signup 2 times on this and both times after I enter the 6 digit code I try to login and it says "THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN BLOCKED"

I guess they dont allow signups anymore??
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jul 2023, 12:02 PM   #17
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I got a free account in December 2013, and early a decade later it’s still working. I rarely use this service.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jul 2023, 07:07 PM   #18
Aet

@Bamb0, they changed something for new accounts a few months ago, which might be the reason you can't log in. Check the link @Avion shared.

You can also contact the team through their Help site so they can sort the issue out for you. Click the "Send us a message" button on this page, for example. https://help.vivaldi.com/services/ac...log-in-issues/.
Aet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2023, 12:38 AM   #19
Gankaku

I use the Vivaldi browser constantly. The email was fun to play with but I don't use it seriously. I forgot about it actually.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2023, 08:20 AM   #20
Bamb0
Master of the @

Its nice to see you Lisa
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2023, 10:37 AM   #21
Gankaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Its nice to see you Lisa
Great to see you too!
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Mar 2024, 01:21 PM   #22
truemagic

Thread revival!

I recently signed up for another account with Vivaldi thinking to evaluate their webmail but they now implement a new policy for new account to be actively involve in their forum/society in order to have your webmail activated, which to me is a bit excessive. What do you think?

Also I logged in to my old Vivaldi account and notice the webmail is just roundcube, nothing fancy. Not sure if it's worth investing my time there just to get my new webmail ready

For those who're using Vivaldi email frequently, what's your thought? What makes you stick to Vivaldi...or not?
truemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2024, 09:01 AM   #23
webecedarian
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by truemagic View Post
Thread revival!

I recently signed up for another account with Vivaldi thinking to evaluate their webmail but they now implement a new policy for new account to be actively involve in their forum/society in order to have your webmail activated, which to me is a bit excessive. What do you think?

Also I logged in to my old Vivaldi account and notice the webmail is just roundcube, nothing fancy. Not sure if it's worth investing my time there just to get my new webmail ready

For those who're using Vivaldi email frequently, what's your thought? What makes you stick to Vivaldi...or not?
I thought Vivaldi vanished long ago.

Requiring your participation reminds me of being in school - demanding that you speak up in class as well as do the homework. One factor would be what exactly would "actively involved" mean? If you're ill for a few months, do they cancel your account?
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2024, 11:50 AM   #24
dojyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by truemagic View Post
policy for new account to be actively involve in their forum/society in order to have your webmail activated, which to me is a bit excessive. What do you think?
I have never seen something so stupid as this. They constantly bring up this flagrant invasion of privacy together with the practice of giving users UIDs in their private browsers.
dojyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2024, 12:08 PM   #25
truemagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojyx View Post
I have never seen something so stupid as this. They constantly bring up this flagrant invasion of privacy together with the practice of giving users UIDs in their private browsers.
Yes stupid and something that we've never seen. So perhaps I've not used it as my backup/secondary email which I intended to. Looks like my search goes on...
truemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2024, 06:33 PM   #26
Avion

I disagree that it's stupid, IMHO it's a good idea.

If it helps to keep the riffraff and spammers away from their service, it gets my vote.

Of course, if you want a free email account, but don't want to give anything back in return, look elsewhere.
Avion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2024, 09:25 PM   #27
TenFour
Master of the @

I used to have a Vivaldi email address, but recently cancelled it while doing a "Spring cleaning" of old accounts I rarely use. I have decided for security reasons it is better to not have miscellaneous accounts floating around the Internet that I don't regularly use and monitor.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote