View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2005, 04:13 AM   #7
jbs
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by kpav
Carverrn:

There were seven emails, all from the same "sender".

The message were delivered in Outlook. How can I determine if they were "flagged as Spam"?

Header info appears before text.

jbs:

The legitimate emails originated from multiple sources.

I just started seeing this and I almost always get my email via Outlook.
Were the "legitimate" emails addressed to you? Or were they people you know, but written to the "sender" who sent you the seven messages.

If the messages were to you (and only to you, like the "sender" would not have had them on his/her computer) then it would seem like something funky on your end.

If the attached messages are to the "sender" or ones you were both copied on, and all seven of these spam came from the "sender" then I'd strongly suspect something on the sender's computer.

From your first post it sounds as though the legit emails are directed to you, and that youv've not seen them elsewhere, so I would lean toward a virus infection in Outlook . . . but still too early to tell.

If the spams are all identical, I would do a Google search on some of the language in them to see if you can find any mention. Might also check the McAfee and Norton virus siets to see if they say anything useful . . .
jbs is offline   Reply With Quote