View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2021, 06:21 PM   #7
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

@TenFour, agree with your post.

The thing with Facebook as I see it. There are people, a lot of them who post and share things based solely on the "headline". They never read what's behind the link. Often the complete opposite of what the "headline" said. I know the vast majority of folks in my Friends list who actually see my post do not bother with reading (or watching) beyond the headline before commenting, reactive or sharing it. There are a group of folks who apparently cannot think for them selves and parrot the what ever narrative seems to be trending. Or the obvious incorrect information, I do my research before commenting, often I ignore the crap. I readily defend someone who I oppose or disagree with if what is being post is incorrect. There are two side to every issue, I find many only want one side, there is no other side.

The most frustrating thing with Facebook are those who do not want to engage is rational conversation. It's their thought or naught. Some folks have a hard time not "shouting down" or start immediately with name calling. I read and watch everything I post. As for other's post, I click though and read/watch, then decide to comment/react or not.

As I mentioned above I am on a hiatus from posting or reacting to post on Facebook. Today I read several articles and watched a few videos that I would normally post on Facebook. I resisted the urge. My thought process is perhaps I can get one or two "Friends" to read, watch what I post, and start thinking on their own.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote