View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2024, 08:37 AM   #36
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Did anyone see these "new plans" anywhere except his one reddit thread from 6 weeks ago and few screenshots shown here? I tried to Google it and find no additional or newer info on these price changes.

I hate it when a company gives me a price and then a year or two later I find out that somewhere in the fine print it said that it's time limited (I usually find out after I am charged a higher price one or several months. I'm OK with a company that tells me what the regular price is and that I am getting a limited time discount. I really hate it when I consider changing a service and before leaving the current provider I ask about the possibility of getting a lower priced, being told what is the lowest price they can offer me, and later after I switch having them call me with a price offer not better than the one I have with the new provider. If it's a real offer (and not time limited) they wasted my time because they could have told me the same before I made the effort to switch, and they waste my time again with an offer I don't need. I usually tell them that if they want me to switch back they should provide an offer significantly better than what the new provider gave me.
Anyway, I try not to bother myself with small price changes. What I paid Europecar for the small scratch made by my son an hour before we returned the car is enough for many years of email service. The hotel my wife forgot to cancel when she found a cheaper deal could pay for several more years of email service.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote