View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2022, 01:14 AM   #600
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
It's been a while since I've given a business update here. Business is good, better than ever. Inflation is trying to squeeze us but increasing prices on existing customers remains the last item on the list to deal with it, I would only consider it before the option of permanently closing the doors. I see no evidence that I'm going to reach the point of having to consider it.

Meanwhile, I'm actually increasing overhead and doing a lot of server migrations. Aged hardware being phased out, moving servers behind our own IP space. It'll pay off in the long game.

We're still not overly profitable but that was always the plan. Profit is overrated, as long as everyone is taken care of (my paycheck is enough but nothing to brag about). The long game continues to involve slowly increasing prices for new customers in addition to slowly decreasing overhead from power, bandwidth, and hardware costs (present economic status not considered permanent). All in all I'd say it's a healthy business and customers are mostly appreciating the consistency of outbound delivery.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote