View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2024, 01:19 AM   #7
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
... it only works if you happen to be one of many millions of people pointing out the same problem.
I don't think you are "one of many millions" when you send feedback to Fastmail on change in beta (the "Send beta feedback" button on the bottom left side of the beta webmail interface, and below the list of folders in the phone app).
If you point to particular problems with new features there it's quite likely to be taken into account, as there is someone actually working on that particular feature when it is new in beta. I pointed to some inefficiencies in the way the new calendar works and this was fixed within a few days, and also to a capability that was gone from the folder tree (collapsing the folders shared by other users) and it was restored (in a slightly different way that's more compatible with the rest of the folder tree).
With Gmail probably you when you send suggestions you are one of millions, but still I think there's an element of timing: if you make a good suggestion and some developer is actually working on that feature at the time it arrives, there's a fair chance it would be considered. If no one is working on that subsystem when the suggestion is made then it would probably be lost in the archive with millions of other suggestions, unless it is exceptionally good.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote