View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2021, 09:20 PM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
I have notifications turned off. I only my cell phone to check Junk mail.
I am the opposite. I like to see the emails as they come in and nearly immediately triage them into delete (most), archive, or flag for later action. That way I don't have a build up of email that I am worried about. There are lots of odds and ends of time during the day when I can take care of email without it really interfering with life: while waiting for the toast to pop up, while waiting for the wife to get ready, waiting for a meeting to start, etc. Might as well use those moments to clear the decks. I find that this keeps me from worrying about emails that might have come in that require action. To me it is less stressful this way. The only people that use messaging to reach me are important, like family, so I do like to get notified immediately. Sure, most of the time the messages are not time-sensitive, but sometimes they are. They just take a few seconds to read and possibly deal with, so I don't find them stressful. On the other hand, I am also capable of ignoring notifications if driving, walking, or doing something else that requires my full attention. Many people are not capable of ignoring notifications for some reason, and for them it can be positively dangerous. I have been behind cars on the expressway that suddenly slow up and sure enough I look to see and they are picking up the cell phone--don't do it!
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote