View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2019, 08:04 AM   #11
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
I don’t understand why you are still so worried. It’s very easy (see my two earlier posts for the details):
  • Create a Google account. You can choose to verify your identity using a message sent to a Gmail or any other email account.
  • Read the Google terms of service and set the visibility you want to allow for use of this Google account.
It’s very simple. No “Google branded account” needed. Have you followed the link at my first post and set up your new Google account? I did that within 20 minutes of your initial post. That new Google account will be tied to the email address and name you used when you set it up. If you are using the new Google account on the same PC as where you use an existing Gmail account, you need to be careful with which Google account you are using for your activities. I believe that after logging out of all Google accounts, the initial Google account you use (use as Gmail) will become the primary Google account for activities until you log out of all Google accounts and start again.

Bill
Sure there is no need for a branded account if you want to be free to choose the username you want to appear as when commenting on videos?

In this page it does refer to branded accounts when wanting to use a different name than your associated Google Account.

Whereas in the link provided by chrisretusn, there is a demo video where in the example used, upon creating a YouTube channel (necessary to comment on existing videos) the name and surname of the person used as example appear as how they will be displayed on YouTube.

I wouldn't mind my real first and second name being displayed on YouTube, as long as my email address is not showing or retrievable. If I could set a pseudonym, I'd see that as a bonus rather than a necessarity (but it'd be handy as my real name is quite hard for non-Dutch speakers).
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote