Thread: Oh no from Zoho
View Single Post
Old 24 Dec 2023, 08:30 PM   #6
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
2FA by TOTP (Authenticator) and SMS to phone number and print/save backup codes.
And, be very careful not to lose access to old phone numbers for a period of time after changing numbers! I once almost lost access to my Gmail account when for some reason their system decided I was logging in from a suspicious location--my living room at home. So, I went through the login process and Google in its wisdom would only give me the option to get a code via SMS even though I had TOTP codes setup, backup email, one-time codes, etc. I had recently changed my phone number so I had dutifully updated my number with Google, but they would only send codes to my old phone number previously deleted from my account. I could get no other option to login, not even backup codes. They would only send the code to my old phone number. Luckily, I had previously logged in from my office so I went in to work and was able to login there normally, but it was a bit of a scare. This is the #1 Achilles Heel of Gmail. No way to reach a human being if there is a problem.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote