EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 23 Mar 2016, 04:16 AM   #1
unlocktheinbox

March 28th - Yahoo goes full p=reject Policy on DMARC on 62 more Domains.

Dear members,

This is a final reminder that on March 28th (Monday), Yahoo will switch to a p=reject DMARC policy for the below 62 international domains. Email sent from a mailbox hosted on these domains will be rejected if they fail DMARC. Please make any changes needed to handle them the same way yahoo.com is handled. Thank you.

y7mail.com
yahoo.at
yahoo.be
yahoo.bg
yahoo.cl
yahoo.co.hu
yahoo.co.id
yahoo.co.il
yahoo.co.kr
yahoo.co.th
yahoo.co.za
yahoo.com.co
yahoo.com.hr
yahoo.com.my
yahoo.com.pe
yahoo.com.ph
yahoo.com.sg
yahoo.com.tr
yahoo.com.tw
yahoo.com.ua
yahoo.com.ve
yahoo.com.vn
yahoo.cz
yahoo.dk
yahoo.ee
yahoo.fi
yahoo.hr
yahoo.hu
yahoo.ie
yahoo.lt
yahoo.lv
yahoo.nl
yahoo.no
yahoo.pl
yahoo.pt
yahoo.rs
yahoo.se
yahoo.si
yahoo.sk
Purple
yahoogroups.co.kr
yahoogroups.com.cn
yahoogroups.com.sg
yahoogroups.com.tw
yahoogrupper.dk
yahoogruppi.it
yahooxtra.co.nz
yahoo.ca
yahoo.co.in
yahoo.co.nz
yahoo.co.uk
yahoo.com.ar
yahoo.com.au
yahoo.com.br
yahoo.com.hk
yahoo.com.mx
yahoo.de
yahoo.es
yahoo.fr
yahoo.gr
yahoo.in
yahoo.it
yahoo.ro

Regards,

Sumeet S. Solanki, Senior Product Manager
Elizabeth Zwicky, Antispam Architect

Yahoo Mail
unlocktheinbox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Mar 2016, 06:56 AM   #2
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Maybe a very silly question, but what is DMARC ?

Also, some of these domains I've never heard of before. I knew Yahoo had severall ccTLD's in addition to the yahoo.com version, but I've never seen some of the below extentions.

For example yahoo.be or yahoo.co.il

I live in Belgium and never saw a @yahoo.be email address, not did I ever hear that you could even sign up for a @yahoo.be address.
Because of my Hebrew studies I am in touch with people in Israel now and then, I've never seen any of those use a @yahoo.co.il email address.
I've also never heard of any @yahoo.nl email address, while usually communication between Belgians and our Dutch neighbours is very frequent. I've never come across any such email address.
Would also not have a clue on how to sign up for such an email address within those ccTLD's instead of having the regular @yahoo.com domain.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2016, 09:37 AM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow DMARC policy and Yahoo Belgium domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Maybe a very silly question, but what is DMARC ? http://www.emaildiscussions.com/ubb/confused.gif
DMARC stands for Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance. This is a system which allows the owners of domains (such as Yahoo) to control which email sending servers are allowed (by policy) to send email messages with a From address from that domain.
  • DMARC is really just a way for the owner of a domain to establish a policy which can be used by any email system to determine if an incoming email is spoofed (fake) because it fails the SPF and DKIM tests.
  • Any email sending server can use any From address. But the receiving server can choose to reject the message because of any reason, including SPF and DKIM failure. DMARC allows the receiving system to understand what the owner of the domain suggests to be done when messages fail these tests.
  • So if you use a sending email address at a Yahoo domain, you should send messages using that From address through a Yahoo sending server. If you use a Yahoo domain in the From address and send using a non-Yahoo sending server your message will be rejected by any email system which strictly follows the Yahoo DMARC policy.
  • See more here: Yahoo DMARC Policy Change - What Should Senders Do?
  • Yahoo made this DMARC policy change for Yahoo.com exactly two years ago. Now they are making this change for their other domains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
...I live in Belgium and never saw a @yahoo.be email address, not did I ever hear that you could even sign up for a @yahoo.be address. .... I've also never heard of any @yahoo.nl email address, while usually communication between Belgians and our Dutch neighbours is very frequent. I've never come across any such email address. Would also not have a clue on how to sign up for such an email address within those ccTLD's instead of having the regular @yahoo.com domain.
Go to the Yahoo signup page URL below and choose Nederlands (België) and then you can change the domain to yahoo.be on the signup page. You can also choose français (Belgique) with a yahoo.be address.
https://edit.yahoo.com/registration

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote