EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 2 Apr 2009, 07:46 AM   #1
FromLine
The "e" in e-mail

Is there a Google Apps Premier user here?

Google Apps Standard Edition does not provide customer service.

Google Apps Premier Edition, on the other hand, does.

If there's a Premier paid user on this forum, please assist us and contact Google Customer Service for issues and problems we are unable to find ourselves or resolve here.
FromLine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Apr 2009, 11:20 AM   #2
Aimlink
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromLine View Post

If there's a Premier paid user on this forum, please assist us and contact Google Customer Service for issues and problems we are unable to find ourselves or resolve here.
That's like asking to share purchased music. I'd keep such requests outside the public domain. I've never had to use the support to date since.
Aimlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Apr 2009, 11:27 AM   #3
FromLine
The "e" in e-mail

Aimlink, perhaps, when you have the time, you could inquire about this matter.

I was actually thinking about what you said and I'm not so sure it's the same thing. Google tries to keep it's online "Google Help" as thorough, complete, and up to date as possible. The help they offer to Premier members is more one-on-one with a live human contact person. However, it's not like what they're helping with is secret.

It's to Google's advantage to have as much information out there regarding help accessable to everyone. Certainly a lot cheaper than having a customer service representative 24/7.

As for the item above, it may be that Google overlooked linking the server from Google Apps Sync to the iPhone the same way they do for @gmial.com accounts. That's one downside of Google, customer service and reporting a possible bug or problem.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 12:04 PM   #4
Aimlink
Master of the @

I tried doing this on my own iPod Touch and I see what you mean. It's now my problem as well. In this case I'd be willing to share supports replies to my queries. However, it's entirely different to ask me to query a problem that I'm not personally having with the service.

Anyway, I did some looking and I do feel that, like me, you overlooked enabling Google Sync for your domain.

These switches to enable services can take a while to take effect. So once you've enabled the service, give it a time before you try again.

Good luck! .... why? It's a service that's in beta.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 01:46 PM   #5
ankupan
Cornerstone of the Community

Hi,

I have 3 domain account with Google Apps Premium.

Services are good and I am happy with it.
ankupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Apr 2009, 05:36 PM   #6
petergh
Master of the @

Quote:

I think you'll get better results by trialling the Premier Edition free for 30 days and ask them your questions yourself. Support is included in the 30-day free trial.

Peter
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2009, 12:25 AM   #7
FromLine
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergh View Post
I think you'll get better results by trialling the Premier Edition free for 30 days and ask them your questions yourself. Support is included in the 30-day free trial.
I've thought about that, but there are two reasons holding me away from Premier at this time:

1) Other than the no sponsored links, I don't see any of the premium services that are needed or beneficial to me.

2) Someone else here reported difficulty in the ability to cancel and revert back to Standard edition.

In addition to the above, I feel that I can do research on computer forums and the web to find the answers I need, hopefully.

Last edited by FromLine : 3 Apr 2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 01:55 AM   #8
Aimlink
Master of the @

Quote:
I've thought about that, but there are two reasons holding me away from Premier at this time:

1) Other than the no sponsored links, I don't see any of the premium services that are needed or beneficial to me.

2) Someone else here reported difficulty in the ability to cancel and revert back to Standard edition.

In addition to the above, I feel that I can do research on computer forums and the web to find the answers I need, hopefully.
I went premiere for the extra space, the improved support and IMAP migration tool.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 03:06 AM   #9
FromLine
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimlink View Post
I went premiere for the extra space, the improved support and IMAP migration tool.
Those are all good reasons.

As for me, I'm currently using 711 MB, about 9% of my 7309 MB.

Improved support would be nice, but I have this and many other online forums and help resources as alternatives.

As for migration, I had no trouble migrating everything over. While the advanced migration tool was not available to Standard Editions, I downloaded everything to an email client and used the Google-Email-Uploader as discussed here to migrate everything over.

I used Fastmail free for quite some time, then upgraded to Full, and eventually upgraded to Enhanced.

At this time, I feel that the Standard Edition meets my needs. Of course, the ads I can do without. However, I would be willing to pay a nominal fee, perhaps $10 per year, to have an ad-free account.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 03:25 PM   #10
petergh
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimlink View Post
I trialled Premier, used the IMAP migration to pull over my old email archive, then cancelled the trial.

No problems whatsoever cancelling the trial.
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2009, 03:40 PM   #11
FromLine
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergh View Post
Premier ... IMAP migration
I highly recommend Google-Email-Uploader

Interestingly, this won't work with Gmail accounts, but will work with Google Apps accounts, even Standard Edition.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 08:09 PM   #12
Luzo
Essential Contributor

Quote:
You can easily get rid of all ads you currently see in Google Apps Standard by using the Greasemonkey firefox extension, combined with this script http://userstyles.org/styles/12449. I tested it with several google apps themes and it works like a charm. It also relocates the buttons you see up to the sponsored ads (see here).

Last edited by Luzo : 7 Apr 2009 at 03:22 AM. Reason: modified link
Luzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2009, 08:13 PM   #13
ankupan

this is very useful tool and I have uploaded almost 5GB date from MS Outlook to Google Apps.

Quote:
I highly recommend Google-Email-Uploader

Interestingly, this won't work with Gmail accounts, but will work with Google Apps accounts, even Standard Edition.
ankupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2009, 01:24 AM   #14
beq

Which email clients does the Google Email Uploader support as the source?

I seem to recall MS Outlook 2003, Outlook Express (?), and Thunderbird, but I could be wrong?

What about other versions of Outlook (2000, 2007), Vista's Windows Mail, Microsoft Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird 3.0 beta, Postbox (based on Thunderbird), or other Windows email clients like Eudora, The Bat, etc?
beq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2009, 08:58 AM   #15
beq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzo View Post
You can easily get rid of all ads you currently see in Google Apps Standard by using the Greasemonkey firefox extension, combined with this script http://userstyles.org/styles/12449. I tested it with several google apps themes and it works like a charm. It also relocates the buttons you see up to the sponsored ads (see here).
You know, it makes no sense to me why Google Apps Premier Edition accounts still show the right-hand column (normally reserved for the text ads) even if you exercise the Premier option not to show ads and that column ends up just being blank space. When there are no ads I feel that Google should by default rearrange the buttons (New window, Print all, etc) and just get rid of that right-hand column space altogether.

As it is, Premier Edition accounts also need the Firefox Stylish CSS or Greasemonkey Javascript that you mentioned to get rid of the right-hand column...
beq is offline   Reply With Quote