EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 13 Sep 2022, 07:21 AM   #1
artmanphoto

AT&T Mail Draft & Bulk Folders

I am using Thunderbird 102.2.2 64 bit.

I have AT&T mail (xxxx@att.net) which is actually provided to AT&T by Yahoo.

A couple of months ago two additional folders appeared in Thunderbird - Draft and Bulk. The draft folder is in addition to the regular and normal "Drafts" folder. The Bulk folder is a sub folder under the Trash folder. The Draft folder is alway empty but the Bulk folder sometimes has a few emails in the folder.

It is impossible to delete these two folders in Thunderbird.

These two folders are only present in Thunderbird. When I log into my att.net account on the att.net website these two folders do not appear.

I use the Spark mail app by Readdle on my iPhone and ipad and these two folders do not appear in the Spark mail app.

When I do an Internet search on these two folders everyone using ATT,net is asking about them but there are no answers.

Before I call AT&T which I don't want to do hopefully someone on the forum will have information. As soon at I tell AT&T I am using Thunderbird they will tell me they don't support "other" email applications.

Thanks very much! Bill
artmanphoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Sep 2022, 08:30 AM   #2
emoore
Essential Contributor

I assume you're using a IMAP account. You can unsubscribe folders you don't care about, to hide them and reduce visual clutter. They still exist, they're just ignored by Thunderbird. Right click on the accounts name in the folder pane and choose "subscribe" in the context menu. Then uncheck whatever folders you don't want to see and press the OK button.

If that has no effect go to the advanced section of the accounts server settings and check "Show only subscribed folders". That's normally checked by default. Normally these changes take effect immediately. If they don't exit and restart Thunderbird.

If none of this helps try exiting Thunderbird and deleting the "panacea.dat" and "xulstore.json" files in your profile. panacea.dat is a cache of known folders while xulstore,json stores the toolbar, window layout and size/position settings. The latter will be replaced by a file with default settings when you restart Thunderbird so you may need to customize your toolbars again.
emoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2022, 09:59 AM   #3
artmanphoto

emoore, thanks for your post and your suggestion. I was not able to unsubscribe from the Draft and Bulk folders.

Please tell me where to find the "advanced section of the accounts server settings and check "Show only subscribed folders" as I am unable to find this in Thunderbird.

Thanks, Bill
artmanphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2022, 01:24 PM   #4
emoore
Essential Contributor

I'm assuming you enabled the menu toolbar. If you haven't press the ALT key which will temporarily display it, and then select view >toolbars -> menu bar

1. Select the AT&T account in tools -> account settings
2. Select server settings
3. Look for the Advanced button. Click it.
4. Check "Show only subscribed folders"
5. Press the OK button
emoore is offline   Reply With Quote