EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 1 Aug 2007, 11:04 PM   #1
jeffster

Fusemail...Recommended ?

I am currently a reasonably happy user of Runbox, but am considering switching to Fusemail, because of its calendar, synching capbilitiies with outlook, etc., due to possibly moving to Amsterdam for work in the near future.

If the move goes ahead, I would like to use a system that would replicate the email, calendar and notes on my home PC here in England.

Would people recommend Fusemail for a single non corporate user ?

I have read some feedback on Fusemail in EMD, and it does seem a little mixed...

Regards,

Jeff
jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Aug 2007, 07:47 AM   #2
jeffster

Having signed up a Fusemail account on Thursday, I must say that so far, Fusemail has been great, and very easy to set up...

My Calendar and contacts , etc synched successfully from Outlook, using the Fusemail plug in.

The mail rules (filters) are working as required.

Fusemail is working well on my cellphone through my "ProfiMail" email program.

I like the ability to add RSS Feeds into fusemail too, so I can read the feeds without a need for a separate reader.

Its early days sure, but so far, especially if I do get the job in Amsterdam, I am very happy with the switch to Fusemail.

Jeff
jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Aug 2007, 10:28 PM   #3
Anjay

Good choice!

I’ve no doubts you will be very happy with Fusemail. I’ve been with them for a number of months now and couldn’t be happier. The email system works perfectly, it makes life much easier, and you’ll always receive a prompt reply from staff.

There are mixed views of Fusemail here, and a lot of that revolves around their AUP, although regarding their service, I’ve not read anything very recent which shows them either in a good or bad light.
Anjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Aug 2007, 01:11 AM   #4
ReuvenNY

I didn't look at their site for a long while and noticed today that they have a different price structure, which I do not understand. Can someone explain?
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Aug 2007, 01:28 AM   #5
Anjay

Basically, you’re given an account with 1GB of account storage space. You purchase each mailbox you want to use (separate email mailboxes) at a price of $0.99 per month, and can purchase additional account storage space if you need it at a price of $0.99 per month for 1GB.

The minimum cost is $5 per month, meaning if you only want one mailbox, you can then have 5GB account storage space, or if you only need 1GB account storage space, you can have 5 mailboxes.

It’s actually a very good way of doing things IMO. It gives a lot more flexibility and choice for the client.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 01:34 AM   #6
ReuvenNY

Hm.. Five 1gig boxes for $60 a year is reasonable, but one 5gig box for the same price seems expensive.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 01:43 AM   #7
Anjay

No, it’s not 5 separate 1GB mailboxes.
It’s 1GB shared between 5 mailboxes.

The amount of space is shared between all the mailboxes; it is of course possible in the admin centre to limit a mailbox to a certain quota.

So if you wanted 5 mailboxes each with 1GB space, it would be $8.91 per month or $106.92 per year.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 01:47 AM   #8
ReuvenNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjay View Post
The minimum cost is $5 per month, meaning if you only want one mailbox, you can then have 5GB account storage space, or if you only need 1GB account storage space, you can have 5 mailboxes.
So what does "or if you only need 1GB account storage space, you can have 5 mailboxes" mean?
Old 7 Aug 2007, 01:56 AM   #9
Anjay

The storage space is for the whole account, and therefore distributed between mailboxes.

The best example is this: a family of five who don’t use email much, maybe never more than 100MB at any one time because they don’t send and receive much and frequently delete emails, will not need more than 500MB collectively.
They can then have five mailboxes (one for each member of the family) and be alright since the 1GB given with the ‘account’ is shared between the mailboxes.

Here are some more examples to explain it.

Sorry I’m not very good at explaining. But it is a bit complicated!
Old 21 Sep 2007, 02:47 AM   #10
NJSS
Master of the @

How is FuseMail going ?

Anjay

It would be good to have an update on your experiences with FuseMail.

NJSS
NJSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2007, 09:37 PM   #11
Anjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSS View Post
Anjay

It would be good to have an update on your experiences with FuseMail.

NJSS
Hi there

Sure. I've been with them for eight, nearly nine, months so a review of them would certainly be good. If anyone has any questions regarding them, don't hesitate to ask me, otherwise I'll try and get a detailed review done for Jan 6 to mark nine months of being with them.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 26 Dec 2007, 07:04 AM   #12
macleon

I've been very happy with Fusemail

Hi Jeffster,
I have been with fusemail for about 3 years and I never had any problems with them, they have very good customer service, I can use my own domain name without additional cost, nice web features.
Besides you can try the service for 14 days without any restrictions. See if you like it.
By the way I am not affiliated in any way with Fusemail, I just like the service.
macleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2007, 07:24 AM   #13
ReuvenNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuvenNY View Post
I didn't look at their site for a long while and noticed today that they have a different price structure, which I do not understand. Can someone explain?
I did notice one thing - the minimum monthly fee is $10. So the smallest account will cost you $120 year.
Old 26 Dec 2007, 12:42 PM   #14
macleon

I think now Fusemail caters to groups and businesses not individuals.
i was lucky to get an account for 20 bucks per year and keep this price for as long as i remain as customer.
Perhaps later on they will reintroduce this level of service again.
macleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2007, 04:42 PM   #15
Anjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuvenNY View Post
I did notice one thing - the minimum monthly fee is $10. So the smallest account will cost you $120 year.
That's interesting... it must have changed. When I signed up, the minimum monthly fee was $5 (so $60 a year). Hopefully they won't force existing customers to adhere to the new rules.