EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 9 May 2021, 10:13 PM   #1
silverthe1

EuMX in 2021 and beyond?

Hello everyone,

I hope all of you, as well as your friends and family members are safe and sound during these terrible times.

I've been a member of EMD for quite a few years now, even though I've never posted and/or participated in discussions here as some of the other veterans of the forums.

As I visit this website today, I have a question regarding a very good email service that I discovered through EMD, and that's EuMX.

I have a gift account from EuMX that I've used sporadically for quite some time now. It's not my primary account, but I've found it to be rock-solid over all.

I want to know, does anyone here have any idea how EuMX as a whole is doing these days? I mean, the webmail and everything runs fine, but the website is as bare-bones as it always has been.

Just want to get an idea of how the service is currently doing for those of you who use it on a routine basis, and if you guys have any idea about its plans in the future. Would love to know your thoughts!

Take care everyone, and stay safe!

Regards,
Rajat Sharma
silverthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 May 2021, 11:24 PM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

Don't know much about EuMX, but when I try to go to their site I get the warnings that it is not secure, even the webmail login page. I would be very wary of using any email provider that throws up these warnings.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2021, 11:26 PM   #3
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

If you go to the actual login pages, it is secure. I agree the landing page is a disgrace.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 08:47 PM   #4
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

I've had an account with since all least 2013. I like the landing page. Sweet and simple. That said, 99.9% of my interaction with EuMX is via my email client using POP3.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2023, 11:47 AM   #5
truemagic

Sorry to bring up this old thread. As I've recently tried to login to my very old EuMX account (more than 15 years (?) ) and it still works. Seems like a very good and reliable service. I'm now thinking to redircet my emails from SimpleLogin to EuMX.

However I can't seem to find how much space it offers, any help is appreciated

P/S: Just realize I had an account with EuMX since 2006 so that's a 17 year old account (wow!)
truemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2023, 04:43 PM   #6
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by truemagic View Post
However I can't seem to find how much space it offers
I seem to remember an announcement made a good few years ago that the space is unlimited. Even if my recollection is correct, I don't know whether that offer applied to all email accounts. I suggest you ask support AT eumx.net
Old 8 Sep 2023, 06:08 PM   #7
truemagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
I seem to remember an announcement made a good few years ago that the space is unlimited. Even if my recollection is correct, I don't know whether that offer applied to all email accounts. I suggest you ask support AT eumx.net
Thanks for the pointer. Unlimited sounds good (on paper). For now I will just use as it is until I'm alerted at some point then I will check with their support.

I actually thought they supports identity (alias) and they even allow creation of new identities but in the end they're not really working so I'm a bit disappointed.
Old 8 Sep 2023, 06:16 PM   #8
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Sorry to bring up this old thread. As I've recently tried to login to my very old EuMX account (more than 15 years (?) ) and it still works. Seems like a very good and reliable service. I'm now thinking to redircet my emails from SimpleLogin to EuMX.

However I can't seem to find how much space it offers, any help is appreciated

P/S: Just realize I had an account with EuMX since 2006 so that's a 17 year old account (wow!)
25 GB?
http://www.eumx.net/services.php
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2023, 06:53 PM   #9
truemagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Nice! Now how do I find out which account type am I on

Last edited by truemagic : 8 Sep 2023 at 07:17 PM.
Old 8 Sep 2023, 07:41 PM   #10
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
I actually thought they supports identity (alias) and they even allow creation of new identities but in the end they're not really working so I'm a bit disappointed.
If by 'alias' you mean 'another incoming address', you are right, that's not supported. But 'plus addressing' (user+whatever@eumx.net) is available.
'Identities' (different outgoing addresses) are possible, though getting to them is a bit messy. In Horde interface, click on the cogwheel on the top on the page, then Preferences, then Mail, then Personal Information.Don't know about other interfaces, as I rarely use them.
Old 8 Sep 2023, 08:17 PM   #11
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Nice! Now how do I find out which account type am I on
Did you pay for your account earlier? (I think so, because you account is 17 years old). Then it is most likely a 25GB account.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2023, 08:27 PM   #12
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Did you pay for your account earlier? (I think so, because you account is 17 years old). Then it is most likely a 25GB account.
what's the price for 25GB? does it support personal domains?
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2023, 11:54 PM   #13
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

I may be a good idea to contact support AT eumx.net if you want something extra, like personal domains. In the past he (Rudolf Pinter) would quite often accommodate various requests, sometimes for money, sometimes for free.
Old 9 Sep 2023, 06:16 AM   #14
jdtaylor
Master of the @

I agree, great support and service for years now.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Sep 2023, 03:31 PM   #15
odedp
Master of the @

I had an account with them many years ago ( around 20...)
At first the account was a free one and later I paid for a standard one (starting with 5GB which were upgraded to 25GB)
After several years I stopped using Eumx because I had too many problems.
Of course I have no idea how Eumx is now...
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote