EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 11 Dec 2014, 02:06 PM   #46
rockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryptmail View Post
It may be because you haven't used it for a while, and cache need to catch up. In general, I agree Firefox behavior is strange, as on Linux it hasn't give me any warning or errors, but on Windows there were some.
Keep me updated if there is anything else to fix.
It appears the Firefox message loading bug is fixed.
rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2014, 02:25 PM   #47
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman View Post
Right on )

@scryptmail users
Also, I noticed a lot of people using password managers, back in time I had it, but coolness wasn't there at those time. Now it seems pretty legit and I installed KeePass. One of cool features is you can push your file into server, or say synchronize with URL. I believe, this sort of thing present in many similar software.

So my questions is, what do you think if you can store this file in scryptmail? so basically you can use username and first password to push and read this file, and inside of profile can manage to delete this file? In my opinion it can be useful, as you don't have to be bothered with usb stick and worry it fail. Is it something I should spent my time on? (It may take a day to make)

Last edited by scryptmail : 11 Dec 2014 at 02:36 PM.
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2014, 04:52 AM   #48
ccl1
Essential Contributor

Quote:
nothing changed for me, I still get the long "loading...." with first login.
Also, I've noticed a 'quirk' when you type in your secret phrase, pressing enter does not do anything. I have to manually click the ok button. But that might be by design
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2014, 10:48 AM   #49
rockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl1 View Post
Also, I've noticed a 'quirk' when you type in your secret phrase, pressing enter does not do anything. I have to manually click the ok button. But that might be by design
Bummer.

Fixed for these: PaleMoon and IE11
  • User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:25.1) Gecko/20141110 Firefox/31.9 PaleMoon/25.1.0
  • User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
Old 12 Dec 2014, 02:13 PM   #50
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
No, by design enter should work. I will check what can be a cause. Will report back
Old 13 Dec 2014, 05:07 PM   #51
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Can you please contact me, at sergei@scryptmail.com
I'm not able to reproduce this type of error. If you able to provide me with, device, browser version, probably language for Firefox and screenshots if possible, it may greatly help me to solve this mystery.
Thanks

@all: no more image tracking. https://emailprivacytester.com

Last edited by scryptmail : 13 Dec 2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 01:28 AM   #52
ccl1
Essential Contributor

I think I got it sorted out. I think I just needed to clear my cache etc.
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2014, 03:17 PM   #53
rockman

Thumbs up KeePass Integration

I've attempted to use the new KeePass integration feature, which I think is awesome.

http://blog.scryptmail.com/2014/12/keepass-safebox.html

However, I just get an HTTP 401 unauthorized error no matter which login I use. I've sent Scrytpmail to Sergei. I'm using KeePass 2.27 on Win7 64-bit.

Last edited by rockman : 24 Dec 2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: added URL; added KeePass version and OS
Old 25 Dec 2014, 01:23 PM   #54
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
I've attempted to use the new KeePass integration feature, which I think is awesome.

http://blog.scryptmail.com/2014/12/keepass-safebox.html

However, I just get an HTTP 401 unauthorized error no matter which login I use. I've sent Scrytpmail to Sergei. I'm using KeePass 2.27 on Win7 64-bit.
That was tough one
Happy it works now for you
Old 25 Dec 2014, 01:24 PM   #55
rockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryptmail View Post
That was tough one
Happy it works now for you
Confirmed it works as designed. Thanks!
Old 25 Dec 2014, 09:33 PM   #56
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Something I don't like about this server:

It doesn't sound professional, at all..

You say you're American but your english is seriously bad. For example, just this bit in your blog:

"For those who using KeePass I have a good news. Now scryptmail support online storage for your database file.

Q: What is KeePass?
-A: KeePass is open source Password Manager, that have nice feature to store your password database file online. It is available for any device and it's free."

Can you not see anything wrong, grammatically speaking?? I'm wondering if you really are who you say you are.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2014, 03:02 AM   #57
rockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
Something I don't like about this server:

It doesn't sound professional, at all..

You say you're American but your english is seriously bad. For example, just this bit in your blog:

"For those who using KeePass I have a good news. Now scryptmail support online storage for your database file.

Q: What is KeePass?
-A: KeePass is open source Password Manager, that have nice feature to store your password database file online. It is available for any device and it's free."

Can you not see anything wrong, grammatically speaking?? I'm wondering if you really are who you say you are.
17pm, who are you? What results do expect to achieve from your questions?

Although the spirit of your questions are understandable, the way in which you present and ask them is coming across as aggressive and inflammatory. I am sure that is not your intent.

Have you bothered to look at the source code? His name is Sergei Krutov and lives in Spokane, WA. A quick little bit of Bingfoo turns up some info about him. Whether or not he is an American cannot be verified by a quick internet search, but what is the relevancy?

Although there doesn't appear to be a formal business entity attached to Scryptmail, the design, implementation and operation appear to be very well done. He said It's currently a one-man operation and just released to the public. You gotta start somewhere, right? Anyway, Sergei responds to constructive feedback and bug bashing. I think he has a great service here, and it one-ups both Tutanota and Protonmail in some respects.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!
Old 26 Dec 2014, 03:44 AM   #58
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
@17pm
I never said I'm an American, I think you already raised those type of question at the beginning.
So yes, I'm Russian by nationality, who lives in USA for more than a decade. We probably can agree that quality of the product can not be determined by how well developers know writing English

In fact, right now scryptmail growing, I was able to convince my friend with who I initially design scryptmail, that it is something worth doing and also we got writer aboard to help us with blog part. Not to mention users who send me corrections on some typos and help me to find bugs.
As rockman said, I have to start somewhere. And I did, is scryptmail good or bad, that is for you to decide.

I'm trying to make service, that I can use by myself on daily basis, knowing that no one can read my emails, has features I can not ask another service to implement. If you happened to like what I'm doing, I always listen and trying to find solution and make service better. If you prefer other services I encourage you to give scryptmail at least a fair shot.

But don't forget good English in other services have very little to do with options that service has.

Ps. Dec 31, we will open registration again

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Last edited by scryptmail : 26 Dec 2014 at 03:49 AM.
Old 26 Dec 2014, 05:24 AM   #59
LinuxArie

Debian uses Iceweasel (Firefox )31 so it's no longer supported

With Firefox 34 (Linu Mint) i get an error message saying "wrong username or password", both are correct
LinuxArie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2014, 06:14 AM   #60
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxArie View Post
Debian uses Iceweasel (Firefox )31 so it's no longer supported

With Firefox 34 (Linu Mint) i get an error message saying "wrong username or password", both are correct
31 should work, but can not guarantee all functions will work as expected. This why you get warning. Also on 31 JavaScript engine is incredibly slow.

Please send me email to sergei@scryptmail.com with your username. We have cleaned DB recently and deleted accounts people haven't used for last 3 weeks.