EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 10 Jan 2015, 06:27 PM   #1
lauricat

Calendar on classic UI?

Is there a way, bodge, fix, workaround for using Fastmail's Calendar, and syncing to my Android device, with the CLASSIC UI? I have poked around, and apparently need to use the newer UI.

I prefer the classic UI web interface much more than the new interface.
Presently I use & I sync my Android to the Google Calendar, but do not like their privacy handling. (I do not use GMail at all)

Cheers & thanks

~L
lauricat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Feb 2015, 05:30 AM   #2
lauricat

Post Bump? Anyone?

Anyone have any ideas for this? I really want to use the fastmail Callander but prefer the classic UI as I can use different signatures.

Thanks.

L
lauricat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Feb 2015, 07:55 AM   #3
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauricat View Post
Is there a way, bodge, fix, workaround for using Fastmail's Calendar, and syncing to my Android device, with the CLASSIC UI? I have poked around, and apparently need to use the newer UI.

I prefer the classic UI web interface much more than the new interface.
Presently I use & I sync my Android to the Google Calendar, but do not like their privacy handling. (I do not use GMail at all)
Independent of which interface, you can use the calendar on Android.

https://www.fastmail.com/help/clients/android.html
Quote:
Android does not support CalDAV natively, however you can easily add support by installing a CalDAV sync adapter. We have tested and recommend CalDAV-Sync, which is approximately $3. Once you have added your account in CalDAV-Sync, you can use the native Android calendar or any other calendar app and the changes will sync with FastMail.
Only the new interface has the web part of the calendar included. Unfortunately, it will not become available in the classic interface.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Feb 2015, 07:59 AM   #4
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauricat View Post
Anyone have any ideas for this? I really want to use the fastmail Callander but prefer the classic UI as I can use different signatures.
Also on the new (standard) interface you can use different signatures.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote