EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 9 Aug 2012, 03:40 PM   #1
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Namecheap OX Email

I recently registered a new domain with Namecheap, and received one year of the OX Personal account for free. Account levels are available at this website.

Something they've apparently added (as I've tried to inquire about it before, but was told it wasn't available) is wildcard/catch-all addressing. I submitted a ticket to their OX email support team, and the wildcard was created within the hour.

I think 3GB for $3/yr is a pretty reasonable price for hosted email. $18/yr gets you ActiveSync for mobile devices and an addition 2GB.

The OX interface is a little slow to load (compared to Fastmail) but seems pretty feature-rich. I'd like the ability to do on-the-fly custom FROM addressing, but haven't figured out if that's a possibility. Although this isn't an issue with backup email.

IMAP is supported, and seems to work very well.

Definitely worth a look, especially at that price!
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Aug 2012, 06:33 PM   #2
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
OX is slooow.
If it's RoundCube I think it's peferect.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Aug 2012, 07:39 PM   #3
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Once I logon, it's pretty quick. Loading the interface takes a bit of time (about 5 seconds) but I assumed it was because I'm on a slow WiFi connection.
Old 10 Aug 2012, 01:03 AM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post

Definitely worth a look, especially at that price!
Thanks for the heads up. I have a couple of domain's at Namecheap and will take a look.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2012, 06:54 PM   #5
sakete

I just signed up with them too. Really like the OX interface, looks very professional and slick and I like all the features it offers, most of all being able to access multiple IMAP accounts and having a Unified Inbox. And yeah, once it's loaded it's quite responsive.
sakete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2012, 08:18 PM   #6
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakete View Post
I just signed up with them too. Really like the OX interface, looks very professional and slick and I like all the features it offers, most of all being able to access multiple IMAP accounts and having a Unified Inbox. And yeah, once it's loaded it's quite responsive.
Have you tried the ActiveSync feature yet? I'm currently using Google to handle my calendar/contacts, but wouldn't mind getting away from them..
Old 11 Aug 2012, 02:06 AM   #7
EmailHosting

Representative of:
EmailHosting.com
Cool Any Negatives...

In your experience, what is Namecheap lacking in terms of that particular email offering?

Thanks,
EmailHosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2012, 06:47 AM   #8
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

How can I sign up for OX Mail? I have a number of domains hosted at Namecheap. Thanks for a bit of help
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2012, 09:16 AM   #9
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
How can I sign up for OX Mail? I have a number of domains hosted at Namecheap. Thanks for a bit of help
First, login to your account and then click on the 'EMAIL' tab (on the top menu)

Then click on 'Email Hosting' or 'Email Hosting Trial'
Old 14 Aug 2012, 10:59 AM   #10
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks David. I got as far as Trial version, can't find where to setup the user/password etc. Could you elaborate a bit on next step?
Thanks
Old 14 Aug 2012, 12:09 PM   #11
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
Thanks David. I got as far as Trial version, can't find where to setup the user/password etc. Could you elaborate a bit on next step?
Thanks
I have not yet registered for this service myself sheprd, but at the bottom of the page you mention it says:

<quote>

Personal and Corporate Email Hosting

Unable to decide? Try our Email Hosting plans for FREE today! We give you a chance to evaluate what you can expect from our Email Hosting plans. It is a great way to explore and experience our feature-rich Email Hosting plans. Just enter your domain name and choose the plan you wish to try out.

The trial period is 1 year for Personal Mail plan and 30 days for the others. You can manage your trial email hosting easily from email subscriptions management page. So hurry, give it a try before you buy!

< end of quote>

Below that is a place where you can enter the domain name you wish to use and pick your plan options (the default is 'personal')

Below that is a link you can activate that says 'SUBSCRIBE'

It looks like a very good deal to me
Old 15 Aug 2012, 01:10 AM   #12
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks David for your response. I get to point of clicking subscribe but can't find any more steps. I previously enter my domain. I go back and start over and it won't let me, says that domain already subscribed etc. Somewhere it says to access webmail " mail.domain.com" and when I go there it won't accept a username or password that I try.
Old 15 Aug 2012, 01:16 AM   #13
David
Ultimate Contributor

@sheprd: I will take a look later on but am not ready to subscribe yet (myself) Are you sure that you are logged in?
Old 15 Aug 2012, 01:19 AM   #14
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Yes I'm logged in to namecheap. I will try again tonight. Gotta go somewhere now.
Old 15 Aug 2012, 01:25 AM   #15
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Once you subscribe (add the domain), you still have to create the account.

Let me know if you need a walk-through.