EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

View Poll Results: How do you like the look of EmailHosting.com?
Love It! 2 6.06%
No Opinion! 13 39.39%
Don't Like It! 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 22 Oct 2005, 07:50 AM   #1
EmailHosting

Representative of:
EmailHosting.com
EmailHosting.com Launched Today!

My name is Vikash and I represent the company EmailHosting.com.

EmailHosting.com LLC is proud to launch a premier email hosting company offering both business and personal email hosting solutions. The launch happened today 10/20/2005!

If the moderator can add our company to its courtesy listings, we would greatly appreciate it!

Feedback is welcome from all.

Old 22 Oct 2005, 08:38 AM   #2
rishi
Essential Contributor

Hi

This looks like fusemail.com ?!!

Old 22 Oct 2005, 08:43 AM   #3
BLuRReD
Essential Contributor

i think its a copy and paste from fusemail , the only diffirence i see is the theme color , ur just using the blue while fusemail is using orange.....
Old 22 Oct 2005, 08:48 AM   #4
alexu2000
Cornerstone of the Community

I think they are a resseler of Fusemail services or they are using a special Fusemail solution to provide their email services.

The service seems to use Fusemail servers (from emailhosting.com DNS settings).
Old 22 Oct 2005, 09:39 AM   #5
Edwin
 Administrator 

Welcome to the Forums. I've set your "Representative of" status for you.

Could you please clarify your relationship with FuseMail? Thanks.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 10:16 AM   #6
EmailHosting

Representative of:
EmailHosting.com
Our company EmailHosting.com LLC has teamed up with FuseMail and combined our resources to offer the greatest email hosting services available in today's market.

Once we have an established presence, we will be adding additional services to our site. In the meantime, we are working diligently to assure our current & future customers the best in service and product.

EmailHosting.com wants your comments/suggestions to know what is on everyone's wish list when it comes to email. We are listening and we will make it happen.

Your feedback is important to us and we will listen attentively and implement any solutions that will make your email experience the best it can be.

Thanks again!
Old 22 Oct 2005, 10:29 AM   #7
Javier
Master of the @

It seems that the offer of services is exactly the same and at the same prices that the proposed by FuseMail. Can you tell us why we will use your service and not FuseMail?

EMail Hosting plans:
https://www.emailhosting.com/services/compare.html

FuseMail Personal Plans:
http://www.fusemail.com/solutions/personal_email.html

I also have another question: do you have any free account option?
Old 22 Oct 2005, 10:35 AM   #8
Javier
Master of the @

Sorry for a new post, but I think it is better to separate it from the previous one.

I have been reviewing the information offered at your site and, when talking about who you are? you mention (http://www.emailhosting.com/about/who.html)
Quote:
EmailHosting.com functions through proprietary technology that is a complex network of servers and services operating together to provide you with one of the most reliable email services on the market. All services are monitored by a support staff 24 hours a day every day. We bring our customers peace of mind knowing that our email systems are backed by world-class support.
I am not sure if it is me or it is that english is not my main language, but when I read "proprietary technology" I expect that the owner of the technology is the company that make the assertion, not another one company.

Anyway, I wish your company the best of the lucks in this new project.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 10:49 AM   #9
David
Ultimate Contributor

Javier: I am not trying to 'nit pick' here, but the company make no claim to having developed the 'propriety technology' themselves - they just say that their site 'functions' through propriety technology.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 11:00 AM   #10
EmailHosting

Representative of:
EmailHosting.com
Hello forum!

Just to clarify, EmailHosting.com is not in competition with FuseMail. We have teamed up with them to provide our service.

EmailHosting.com will offer additional services based on our customer feedback as will FuseMail. At the present time, we are offering our customers the ability to register a domain name with us or use their own domain name for their email hosting.

In addition, we are debating whether we will add web hosting to our line of services.

Our decisions will be based on our community and entirely on our community. We will research, research, research and continually improve our service to maximize your email experience.

Thanks!
Old 22 Oct 2005, 11:16 AM   #11
Javier
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by David
Javier: I am not trying to 'nit pick' here, but the company make no claim to having developed the 'propriety technology' themselves - they just say that their site 'functions' through propriety technology.
Thanks for the clarification David. As I have stated, maybe the problem is with my english, but I thought that nobody can state that the use of proprietary technology is an advantage if the ownership of this proprietary technology is someone else.

But I am sure that the problem is with english language knowledge and, maybe, the fact that actually most sites uses "non-proprietary technology" explanations as one advantage, not the inverse.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 01:08 PM   #12
EmailHosting

Representative of:
EmailHosting.com
Hello forum!

There can be many advantages of creating your own product.

One, it can allow you to know your product inside-out empowering you by giving you more control.

Two, having your own product can give you a competitive advantage by allowing for more flexibility with changes and tweaking.

Three, you have more price control.

Forum, feel free to continue the list...

Thanks!
Old 22 Oct 2005, 10:19 PM   #13
Javier
Master of the @

And also there are disadvantages. For example:

One, you only have your own resources to create andd maintain your own product/service

Two, the total cost of ownership usually is higher

Third, you cannot benefit from the contribution of any other people that you can ignore they exist

Four, some standars may be compromised

But, frankly, I am just trying to point the opposite position because, as surely most of you know, this is a very hot debate among businesses (and even more with Internet businesses) at these times.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 11:15 PM   #14
EmailHosting

Representative of:
EmailHosting.com
Hello Forum!

You are absolutely right in compiling your list. There are both pros and cons.

In business, you can either reinvent the wheel or use the wheel that is already spinning. With more risk, there is sometimes more reward; and at other times, with more risk, there is utter disaster.

It all boils down to the people. Success or failure in business will ultimately depend on brilliant people or not so brilliant people. If you can adapt to change and be in a position to adjust to customer wants and needs, you will have a good shot at success.

We spend most of our time understanding our customer and their needs and wants; then, our brilliant people can do what is necessary to make what needs to happen happen.

Two 'happens' in one sentence and it works. See, brilliant people can make it happen. Ha Ha!
Old 22 Oct 2005, 11:41 PM   #15
cwinther

I sure hope that you have your own support team, and not dependent on the Fusemail one.

Best of luck
Closed Thread