EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

View Poll Results: How do you like the look of EmailHosting.com?
Love It! 2 6.06%
No Opinion! 13 39.39%
Don't Like It! 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 24 Oct 2005, 08:40 PM   #31
s a
Master of the @

Re: EmailHosting.com Launched Today!

Quote:
Originally posted by EmailHosting
My name is Vikash and I represent the company EmailHosting.com.

EmailHosting.com LLC is proud to launch a premier email hosting company offering both business and personal email hosting solutions. The launch happened today 10/20/2005!

If the moderator can add our company to its courtesy listings, we would greatly appreciate it!

Feedback is welcome from all.

Welcome to the EMD forum. Don't worry about the negative remarks - simply announcing your service on these forums should not draw this kind of response.

A "poll" isn't a very good idea until your service has run for a year. A search of the forum will reveal some of the specific complaints users have against Fusemail (hopefully, EmailHosting.com will address some of these concerns).
Old 24 Oct 2005, 09:55 PM   #32
adam15c
Essential Contributor

But why use emailhosting.com when they are exactly the same as fusemail? Even the email plans they offer are the same, including the pricing!
Old 25 Oct 2005, 04:46 PM   #33
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Most of the time we do believe that the systems are working flawlessly. However, there are users who are not that proficient with the interworkings of how email systems work and how some of the features are used.

EmailHosting.com plans to include an educational tool that teaches the novice or intermediate user exactly how email works and how to use every feature in very simple easy-to-understand language. We are in the process of designing these educational pages.

Our goal is to make our email service as easy as possible while not sacrificing the many new advanced features which expert email users want and need.

If there are any bugs that exist, please use the contact form and report them as we take our email systems seriously and want our customers to have the best email experience possible.
Your reply was rather odd... that was almost the same reply I got from the Fusemail staff... I was doing something wrong... then they announced they had ordered X many servers to help to relieve the stress because of so many new users.

When a user has an issue with slow refresh times and timing out issues, that is not an user issue. Can't get training for that... esp when the user is on DSL and has a great/fast connection to the net.

You can't get training for emails not showing up... or for slow response times from admins when asking questions. I personally did not have an issue with the interface setup... I mean, you plug in the info and off you go. The issue was with what happened after setup, when the stuff stopped working.

As I mentioned, I've not been on the system for a while and everything could be moving smoothly at this point, I don't know. What I do know is that once you burn a user, that is it. Burn me once, your fault... burn me twice, my fault... and I don't like being at fault and burnt.

Good luck to you! I do wish you guys the best in your business. Hopefully you can read this thread and concentrate on areas fusemail might be lacking and kick some email butt, while making a lot of money in the process!
Old 27 Oct 2005, 10:56 AM   #34
EmailHosting

Representative of:
EmailHosting.com
Hello Forum!

Just to let everyone know, we are offering a free trial on our site for those who are experimenting with different services.

You will fall in love with our clean interface and the many features that we offer.

Old 27 Oct 2005, 11:01 AM   #35
SAS
Cornerstone of the Community

I did try to sign up for the trial account, but cannnot without entering credit card information.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 11:22 AM   #36
EmailHosting

Representative of:
EmailHosting.com
Hello Forum!

We will definitely look into this and let our programming guys know.

Thanks for alerting us to this.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 11:44 AM   #37
Javier
Master of the @

I am not sure about other members of the forum, but, at least in my case, I am not able to test any system with just 10 days. IMHO, test/trial time should be bigger (as most of the other providers do) or, maybe, the solution is to offer an special free account (as other providers do too and FuseMail do time ago), maybe letting to test during some time some special/advanced features (again, this was done by FuseMail).
Old 27 Oct 2005, 12:42 PM   #38
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Re: Re: EmailHosting.com Launched Today!

Quote:
Originally posted by s a
... Don't worry about the negative remarks - simply announcing your service on these forums should not draw this kind of response.
I would think that normally it wouldn't. Most of the negative remarks are because EmailHosting is affiliated with FuseMail, and, just as with other for-fee services, not everyone has had completely satisfactory experiences with FuseMail. But if I were running a service, I would want to hear the negative remarks as well...even scathing ones.

Anyway none of my negative remarks were directed toward anyone personally, and best of luck with the service.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 10:09 PM   #39
EmailHosting

Representative of:
EmailHosting.com
Hello Forum!

We at EmailHosting.com feel that once you see how easy our interface proves, ten days will feel like a long time sampling our services for free.

By then, you will have no doubt that we are a great email hosting company. Simply being able to consolidate and get all of your email into one account is worth $2 in our opinion. In fact, our personal account is only $1.66 per month which is less than a cup of coffee in many parts of the world. Most people these days have on average three email accounts, if not more. It would be great to login to one email account and see all of your email there, wouldn't it?

If you have not tried our services yet, you owe it to yourself to satisfy your curiosity. We promise to treat you as part of the email hosting family.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 10:30 PM   #40
s a
Master of the @

Quote:
If you have not tried our services yet, you owe it to yourself to satisfy your curiosity. We promise to treat you as part of the email hosting family.
I suggest that you take care not to cross the line into "advertising".
Old 30 Oct 2005, 12:59 AM   #41
EmailHosting

Representative of:
EmailHosting.com
O.K. Understood.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 01:12 AM   #42
Javier
Master of the @

Yes, in 10 days anybody should be able to discover how good your interface is. In fact, anybody will discove it just 10 seconds after the interface have been loading.

But, when you are paying for an email service, interface is important but more important is reliability, customer service, speed, quality of spam and antivirus systems, integration with other products (for example, LDAP directories, RSS aggregator, calendaring, etc.) and I guess that, if I need to test if the system is good in just 10 days, it will need to consider to do it 24 hours each day.

When you hace decided to name your company "EmailHosting.com" I guess it has been because you are (or want to be) an email hosting company, not just a graphic designer and/or GUI designer company. And, if the interface is so important, why do I need to use your interface when I can to have the same interface (same colors and buttons and same price, only with a diferent logo) using the service offered by FuseMail (originally with an orange theme, but available with the blue one just after two clicks)?

IMHO, of you want to compete in this business you can use as an argument something you have but others have too. You need to differentiate and, in this case, the interface is not a valid selling argumentation. If so, I will decide to subscribe with the "fathers" of the interface, not just a reseller of it.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 12:38 PM   #43
theog
= Permanently banned =

10 days is not enough time to test an email service.

You need at least 120 days... unless you need to move NOW.

Users do not just test interface... there are tons of other tests that may be important to users... 10 days may entice a novice...
Old 4 Nov 2005, 07:27 AM   #44
EmailHosting

Representative of:
EmailHosting.com
Hello Forum!

120 days...Now that seems a bit too much. What do you think would be the average time it would take to get an idea of whether you like an email service or not?

Once you try an email service, you will see whether the features are worth the few dollars that you would pay each month for it within a couple of days in my opinion.

What is the opinion of everyone here?
Old 4 Nov 2005, 08:10 AM   #45
SAS
Cornerstone of the Community

I would say no less than 30 days.
Closed Thread