EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 9 Feb 2018, 05:58 AM   #1
pixlart

URL for Squarespace blog

HI:

This question has probably been answered, but I can't find it either here or on the FastMail site (at least in terms that I understand)...

I recently moved my website and domain registration to Squarespace and my email to FastMail.

I am additionally moving my Blogger blog to Squarespace, as well.

I intend to use FM's file storage to host images embedded in my blog posts.

What do I use as a URL to link the FM-hosted image files within my blog?

It seemed like this would be relatively straightforward, but I cannot figure this out.

If someone has an answer for this, I would really like to hear it!

Thanks.
pixlart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Feb 2018, 11:31 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

I assume you want read access to the files without a password prompt.

Go to Files. Click on Websites (left hand side)

At the bottom of the page (Create website) set the path you want to use. (This will determine the URL.) Choose Publish as Files only. Under File storage target, select the folder in your files storage containing the files you want to link. Leave the Password blank. Click Create website.

You can confirm the URL (of course, you add the file name) from the list of websites you will now see.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Feb 2018, 12:22 PM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

After following those directions, navigate to the folder containing the images and click on a file. At the right you will see a Website entry containing the exact URL for that file. Click that link and you will view the file.

Please note that if you make a website as shown, all files in the target folder and all files in any child folders beneath that folder will be publicly visible. So be sure to put private files in different folders with My Files as their parent.

After all of this is set up, you can use the Files>Access logs page to determine when those images are viewed.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote