EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Sep 2015, 12:27 AM   #1
fmail_fan

Editing a folder name in Settings interface

Here's my long-winded user experience when an invalid character is entered when renaming a folder:

I'm using the new (not classic) web interface, trying to change a folder name using the Settings > Folders window. You can click on a folder and an edit box opens and an edit cursor is placed at the end of the folder name. I can type my change and all seems well. When I'm done I hit return/enter and nothing happens. So I assume that I have to hit Save Changes for the edit to be made. But doing that cancels the edit, leaving the original folder name.

So I go to the Advanced > Folders interface, select to edit the folder, change the name and select Save Properties. Again it's not changed. So I go back to the Advanced page and try again. This time I notice the small Rename button under the folder name, I make the change and select the rename button and get an error message indicating there's an invalid character in the name ('/').

For the heck of it I go back to the Settings > Folder page and try again there, replacing the forward slash with a comma. When I hit return the edit box is removed, the new folder name displayed and the change is made when I select Save Changes.

A minor issue but an invalid character error message/window is needed when selecting return/enter or Save Changes in the Settings UI. I know this is being redesigned and it may already be addressed, perhaps even working in a beta version.
fmail_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Sep 2015, 05:48 PM   #2
neilj
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Yes, this has already been addressed in the new folder settings screen, currently live on beta.

Neil.
neilj is offline   Reply With Quote