EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 5 Jun 2017, 05:41 AM   #1
Csin

Free webmail suggestions?

Now that I had to drop safe-mail and amplimail, I need a couple free webmail accounts to replace them with. Any recommendations?
Csin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Jun 2017, 05:46 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Have you seen this tread?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jun 2017, 09:16 PM   #3
Zach

Why did you have to ditch safemail and amplimail?
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jun 2017, 10:38 PM   #4
rmannam

SafeMail may be an option which is similar (in name) that you dropped.
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jun 2017, 03:37 AM   #5
Csin

[quote=Zach;602183]Why did you have to ditch safemail and amplimail?[/QUOTE

Amplimail has become another 'animail' or 'planetsave'....that is a pipeline for spam and junkmail...only worse. At least animail and planetsave would let regular mail in with a ton of crapola. With Amplimail, no regular mail was getting through. No mail from forums I signed up for, no test emails I sent from other accounts, etc. Just spam. With safe-mail, it started out the best and remained so up until a year or so ago, then the service began to decline with the cap on amount of email stored, and kept getting worse. There reaches a tipping point where it becomes necessary to throw in the towel and move on.
Old 7 Jun 2017, 03:51 AM   #6
Csin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmannam View Post
SafeMail may be an option which is similar (in name) that you dropped.
Unfortunately it doesn't like any password I try. Ten letters, numbers, and symbols are not to short and don't care whether it passes some "password repeat" ,whatever that is, so not going to work for me.
Old 7 Jun 2017, 04:16 AM   #7
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csin View Post
Amplimail has become another 'animail' or 'planetsave'....that is a pipeline for spam and junkmail...only worse. At least animail and planetsave would let regular mail in with a ton of crapola. With Amplimail, no regular mail was getting through. No mail from forums I signed up for, no test emails I sent from other accounts, etc. Just spam. With safe-mail, it started out the best and remained so up until a year or so ago, then the service began to decline with the cap on amount of email stored, and kept getting worse. There reaches a tipping point where it becomes necessary to throw in the towel and move on.
Gosh, Amplimail sounds even worse than my experience with inbox.com! At least that would let real email come through, even if it did fill my inbox with ~50 spam emails each day. Inbox.com being so bad was the reason I became interested in trying out new email servers in the first place. There's no reason to stick with a rubbish service when there are many good ones out there.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 07:42 AM   #8
Csin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Gosh, Amplimail sounds even worse than my experience with inbox.com! At least that would let real email come through, even if it did fill my inbox with ~50 spam emails each day. Inbox.com being so bad was the reason I became interested in trying out new email servers in the first place. There's no reason to stick with a rubbish service when there are many good ones out there.
I decided to try mailfence.com. Will report in six months how it goes...have a good feeling about them at the moment. Inbox.com as I recall required the installation of a spyware (toolbar?), if its the same as crawler.com. If so, make sure the spyware is totally wiped out.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 06:05 PM   #9
LinuxArie

i have mailfence.com, it's good. 1 "downside" : the free version is only webbased, the paid versions have also pop / imap
LinuxArie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2017, 04:58 AM   #10
Zach

Yeah, Mailfence seem good. Do report to us when you've used it for a while.