EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 20 Dec 2019, 04:00 PM   #571
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

@MXroute on Twitter:

Quote:
Coming soon: All MXroute email accounts will get free access to a NextCloud account that can offer a variety of services from file backup/sync, Cal/CardDAV, document editing/sharing, and more! This will be a free addition to our service.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2019, 03:57 PM   #572
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

@MXroute on Twitter:

Quote:
We've been temporarily forced to manually approve new accounts for our community forum due to this thread:
https://community.mxroute.com/t/refu...nt-deleted/689
Old 27 Dec 2019, 07:57 PM   #573
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

NextCloud for all MXroute customers

@MXroute on Twitter:

Quote:
An early launch: NextCloud for all MXroute customers. It's not a backup service! It's adding more features to your email accounts.
https://mxroute.com/whats-next/
Old 9 Jun 2020, 05:10 AM   #574
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Interview: Q&A with MXroute Owner Jarland Donnell

https://lowendbox.com/blog/interview...d-a-look-back/
Old 28 Jun 2020, 07:31 PM   #575
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Terms of Service - with Human Interpretation

I don't know how long this "Human Interpretation" has been in place, I only noticed it today:

https://mxroute.com/policy/
Old 28 Jun 2020, 09:50 PM   #576
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

I have no sympathy with spammers, but this excerpt looks quite hairy and almost certainly would be illegal in Europe
Quote:
Spam found to be intentional will result in us sharing your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, IP address, signup domain, and PayPal e-mail address with FraudRecord.com.

Last edited by janusz : 30 Jun 2020 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jul 2020, 08:07 AM   #577
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
I have no sympathy with spammers, but this excerpt looks quite hairy and almost certainly would be illegal in Europe
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of people in the EU are really difficult to please because of their data/privacy laws, but thankfully they're not applicable to an LLC in Texas (which isn't to say we don't follow good standards, but anyone who deems EU law to be the baseline will be disappointed) I joke a little, but for real it's amazing how many people in the EU try to tell me I'm subject to their laws. It's one of the few legal scenarios I understand well.

The only way we take on the big dogs of the industry is by keeping our house clean, else we have no chance to pull off the goal of above average and consistent outbound delivery. So far so good with the goal of keeping IPs clean for consistent delivery, and 1-2 actual legitimate spammers per year signing up at most. On the right track!

Also, just a heads up to anyone interested. I've said it before but things kept getting in the way. This time I actually mean it, we'll be releasing an iOS app shortly (hope to have it submitted to the App Store by end of tomorrow). Android will follow if that goes well. It'll be named "MXlogin" in the App Store.

Last edited by jarland : 7 Jul 2020 at 09:16 AM.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jul 2020, 03:31 PM   #578
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
I've noticed a lot of people in the EU are really difficult to please because of their data/privacy laws, but thankfully they're not applicable to an LLC in Texas (which isn't to say we don't follow good standards, but anyone who deems EU law to be the baseline will be disappointed) I joke a little, but for real it's amazing how many people in the EU try to tell me I'm subject to their laws.
It's a great pity there is no law in Texas which would compel folks to actually read and comprehend the text before they start spewing whatever comes to their mind, related to the text in question or not.

Don't put your words in my mouth, ok? I did not ask you to comply with the European law and did not imply you are, or should be, subject to it. All I said was that the two legal systems differ. Now I understand the very mention of a different set of rules offends your sensitive Texan soul.

The only positive outcome of your response is that ir shows your potential customers how you'll treat them if they comment on your service.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jul 2020, 03:52 PM   #579
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
It's a great pity there is no law in Texas which would compel folks to actually read and comprehend the text before they start spewing whatever comes to their mind, related to the text in question or not.

Don't put your words in my mouth, ok? I did not ask you to comply with the European law and did not imply you are, or should be, subject to it. All I said was that the two legal systems differ. Now I understand the very mention of a different set of rules offends your sensitive Texan soul.

The only positive outcome of your response is that ir shows your potential customers how you'll treat them if they comment on your service.
You alright over there? It’s okay to not be. This is a tough year for a lot of people. Only love from this side, friend. Stay safe and let me know if I can do anything for you.

Last edited by jarland : 7 Jul 2020 at 05:10 PM.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 10:35 PM   #580
Cory
Essential Contributor

Looking forward to the app! You guys provide an awesome service.

Absolutely love everything about it. Keep up the great work! It is amazing watching your company grow!
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2020, 03:53 AM   #581
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

A quick word about your email passwords

@MXroute on Twitter:

Quote:
Please make them unique and secure, we don’t want to have to force your hand at how you handle passwords.
https://twitter.com/MXroute/status/1298274395484430339
Old 26 Aug 2020, 08:45 AM   #582
TenFour
Master of the @

The password has to die, and sooner rather than later. With all the inherent problems with passwords and password management you would think there would be a bigger push on this.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2020, 03:05 AM   #583
emebrs
Essential Contributor

I, for one, do not welcome our new authentication overlords. This would be a case where I prefer sticking with a low-tech solution. That's just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
The password has to die, and sooner rather than later.
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2020, 02:50 AM   #584
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
The password has to die, and sooner rather than later. With all the inherent problems with passwords and password management you would think there would be a bigger push on this.
It’s definitely time for some legit updates to email protocols around this. I know many have built solutions around it with app passwords for direct access to protocols but IMO the security of it is lost if the other login method is not natively supported in email clients (like Gmail is natively implemented in so many). Then it’s just a fancy way around the user still having a password that bypasses 2FA

We need new standards. I think I’m rapidly losing my excuses for not influencing the standards.
Old 3 Nov 2020, 03:39 PM   #585
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

MXroute's 2020 Black Friday deals

https://mxroute.blackfriday/

Scroll down to the end to see the offers!