EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Sep 2018, 03:11 AM   #1
fhapgood
Master of the @

paths

Suppose I enter 'xyz' into the search field in fastmail. I get several hits -- but they do not seem to tell me what pathways -- the folders, the subfolders, the subsubfolders -- structure the location of that hit. How do I find that out??

Fred
fhapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Sep 2018, 06:30 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

When I search ‘xyz’, I see in the hit list directly below the date the folder name.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2018, 07:42 AM   #3
fhapgood
Master of the @

path

I am not being clear. What I am looking for is the name of the main folder. When I create a folder I am asked what folder I want it to be 'under' -- which folder I want it to be a subfolder of. That's what I want to know. When I search for a given file I am indeed told which folder it is in, but not which folder that folder is under. Not which folder that file is a subfolder of. Over the years my file structure has gotten pretty hairy. How do I find the names of the main folders, given just the names of the files? Hope that makes more sense.

Fred
fhapgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2018, 11:30 AM   #4
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

My advice (and what I did for a client with over 700 folders) was to choose a naming scheme for subfolders that allowed us to see at a glance where the folder belonged in the hierarchy.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote