EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 7 Jan 2022, 10:41 PM   #1
evfrson

Mailfence

I am thinking of trying Mailfence and was curious as to what you guys think of it ?
evfrson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Jan 2022, 11:07 PM   #2
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by evfrson View Post
I am thinking of trying Mailfence and was curious as to what you guys think of it ?
There's an already existing thread on Mailfence, with over 175,000 views.

Why start a new thread?
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jan 2022, 11:28 PM   #3
evfrson

The last post is coming up to 2 years old and a service can go from good to bad in that time.
Old 7 Jan 2022, 11:29 PM   #4
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Mail.be crypted version?
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jan 2022, 11:37 PM   #5
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by evfrson View Post
The last post is coming up to 2 years old and a service can go from good to bad in that time.
If you had posted in the original thread, those that participated in that thread would have been notified of a new post, then they have the option of responding to your post.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jan 2022, 02:38 AM   #6
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

I suggest the other thread too, but in a nutshell, I like Mailfence. I've got accounts at a number of providers, and Mailfence is definitely one I'll renew. Reasonable balance of security + privacy features, relatively good jurisdiction (compared to US services and a certain popular Australian service, nothing against them), good reliability for me so far, reasonable price for their Entry level service, and some document features that I haven't really played with yet. Overall I give it a good rating, roughly on par with mailbox.org, which is another good service with similar features. Worth a try.

Good luck!
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jan 2022, 03:28 AM   #7
evfrson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioneja View Post
I suggest the other thread too, but in a nutshell, I like Mailfence. I've got accounts at a number of providers, and Mailfence is definitely one I'll renew. Reasonable balance of security + privacy features, relatively good jurisdiction (compared to US services and a certain popular Australian service, nothing against them), good reliability for me so far, reasonable price for their Entry level service, and some document features that I haven't really played with yet. Overall I give it a good rating, roughly on par with mailbox.org, which is another good service with similar features. Worth a try.

Good luck!
Thanks for that and yes I will refer to the other thread too!
Old 8 Jan 2022, 09:32 AM   #8
Bamb0
Master of the @

I used to have an acct on mailfence... I should see if its still working
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2022, 05:24 AM   #9
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
Mail.be crypted version?
Not sure what you mean by this?

Mailfence and Mail.be are both under the umbrella of ContactOffice, located in my home country Belgium and thus subject to the EU privacy laws which are quite solid. Mailfence though is more focused on privacy than mail.be.

I believe there are representatives of Mailfence on this forum now and then.

I am also interested in trying them. My only concern is the shared mailbox option, whereas I'm just looking for a rock solid account to send emails from and receive emails in. I wouldn't want my email contacts to be able to access my email account. However, I think a shared email account is only available for paid users, not for free users. I think the people of Mailfence are better in answering that, it definitely was like that but you never know something changed in the meanwhile.

There's definitely people from mailfence on this forum who can give you feedback, and I found them quite helpful when I contacted them.

I'm a bit surprised this topic doesn't have more replies. There was an older topic on Mailfence indeed, but the last post there was quite old.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2022, 08:53 PM   #10
evfrson

Deleted.......

Last edited by evfrson : 24 Feb 2022 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Post I was replying to has been deleted.
Old 24 Feb 2022, 04:15 AM   #11
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

EDIT: I understand evfrson's reply was to a now deleted message. I'll delete mine too. No idea what the prior response was about. Cheers!

Last edited by ioneja : 24 Feb 2022 at 04:24 AM.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2022, 05:08 AM   #12
evfrson

Deleted........

Last edited by evfrson : 24 Feb 2022 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Post I was discussing has been deleted.
Old 1 Mar 2022, 10:42 PM   #13
Woody27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I am also interested in trying them. My only concern is the shared mailbox option, whereas I'm just looking for a rock solid account to send emails from and receive emails in. I wouldn't want my email contacts to be able to access my email account. However, I think a shared email account is only available for paid users, not for free users. I think the people of Mailfence are better in answering that, it definitely was like that but you never know something changed in the meanwhile.
Hi there, first message here I hope I'm not doing anything wrong If yes, please be gentle.

I use Mailfence for professional and personal uses. I just wanted to answer you as I actually use shared mailbox at work. We have an info@....com email address that a few coworkers can access to. You truly cannot end up sharing your personal mailbox by mistake.

I personally am super satisfied with them.
Woody27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2022, 09:28 PM   #14
ozturkvid

Mailfence is an encrypted email service that offers OpenPGP based end-to-end encryption and digital signatures. vidmate apk download insta downloader

Last edited by ozturkvid : 31 Mar 2022 at 04:38 PM.
ozturkvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2022, 12:54 AM   #15
Bamb0
Master of the @

Yup and its a good service also!

Welcome to EMD
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote