EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 28 Oct 2020, 03:06 AM   #1
JoeR

Question [PC] Fastmail won't load - Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token import

Fastmail wouldn't load [web browser Vivaldi] this morning it will load in other browsers. But Vivaldi is my preference. It is stuck in a loading page
Right Clicking on the page & clicking inspect it shows the error "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token import"

As it works in other browsers I'm thinking that Fastmail may have made a subtle change & Vivaldi has thrown its toys out of the pram.

Any ideas about how to make Vivaldi behave? Or why this is not loading?

All extensions were disabled, no ad blockers nothing

No I haven't opened a ticket - as far as I can see this is a browser issue.
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Oct 2020, 03:51 AM   #2
ReuvenNY

No problem for me, using Vivaldi. Check your browser settings and extensions.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2020, 08:31 AM   #3
bbbc

Angry Waterfox Classic 2020.10 won't open webmail on 10/27

So I and another family member can't open Fastmail's webmail today. We're using Waterfox Classic 2020.10 on different macOS computers. Waterfox Classic is a fork of Firefox 56 with monthly security updates. I have made sure no extensions are interring with Fastmail. I also read the typical disclaimer about browsers - https://www.fastmail.com/help/techni...dbrowsers.html , but something changed overnight. I am able to load the site with an old version of Chromium, 68.0.3398.0 , the last version I can use on Mavericks 10.9.5 . I will submit a ticket and suggest the OP do so too so we don't get the cut and paste response of your browser is too old.

Last edited by bbbc : 28 Oct 2020 at 09:37 AM.
bbbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2020, 10:09 AM   #4
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

It's not working for me either, my preferred browser is Pale Moon. It loads fine if I use Edge. My email client, and the Fastmail program on my phone work fine too.

- Bruce

21:13 EST - Strange, a few minutes ago it wasn't working in my preferred browser, and now it does..
21:17 EST - But my browser no longer supports themes.. I'm 3/4 the way thru moving to a new house and I'm, not a happy camper right now. If this doesn't get resolved, I'll place a ticket in a couple days.
21:28 EST - Fastmail is reporting a 'webmail issue that they believe is related to older browsers'. My browser is not 'an older browser'. I have no more nice comments to make, so I will stop typing now.

Last edited by somdcomputerguy : 28 Oct 2020 at 10:31 AM.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2020, 10:40 AM   #5
bbbc

Thumbs up Fastmail's response

The site is working again for me with Waterfox Classic at 6:30 p.m. PST. Like the previous poster, I also use Pale Moon.

Fastmail's response

We believe we're having an issue with loading JavaScript on some versions of Firefox and some older browsers.

We are currently working to implement a solution.

In the mean time, if you could please use an alternative browser to access your mail.

I again thank you for your patience while we work to get this resolved and I'll be back in touch soon.

Fastmail's second response
Our developers have made some adjustments and we expect this issue has now been resolved.

Can you please try to load Fastmail again and let me know how it goes?
bbbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2020, 11:59 AM   #6
somdcomputerguy

I just placed a service ticket.

- Bruce
Old 28 Oct 2020, 01:57 PM   #7
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Along those lines I just got screwed by FM and can no longer select themes. I've always used the "classic" theme to be able to see some specific headers plus some debug headers I add from my sieve script.

While I was looking at a message all the displayed headers disappeared and were replaced by "show details". I now discover I cannot select classic them because the general settings for Theme say "Sorry, your browser does not support this". So their screwing around with the UI is pi$$ing me off at the moment.

I use an older version of OS X and and older version of Firefox and I don't want to upgrade my OS for personal reasons. I'm guessing their screwing around that affected you is also affecting me. Or they just don't really care about older browser support.

I too submitted a ticket (before reading the latest posts in this thread).
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2020, 02:19 PM   #8
JoeR

Appreciate all the responses. Thought I was going to be given a dressing down for not putting in a ticket. Heartening to know it is not just me. Eh up it is back again loading this morning.

To those who are still having problems It would be perhaps useful for you to keep this thread updated with if & when you get it back. Fingers crossed
Old 28 Oct 2020, 08:20 PM   #9
somdcomputerguy

Code:
Sorry, your browser does not support this. Please upgrade your browser to use this feature.
Yep, that's the same message I get xyzzy. I'm not going to upgrade (which I don't need to do) or change my browser. I'm not going to switch to using a 'mainstream' browser just to use the dark theme. I'm glad that I have and actively use the Advanced Night Mode plugin for Pale Moon, last night I added fastmail.com to its' list of site that it affects.

- Bruce
Old 29 Oct 2020, 12:48 AM   #10
JoeR

Appreciate all the responses. Thought I was going to be given a dressing down for not putting in a ticket. Heartening to know it is not just me. Eh up it is back again loading this morning.

To those who are still having problems It would be perhaps useful for you to keep this thread updated with if & when you get it back. Fingers crossed
Old 29 Oct 2020, 04:14 AM   #11
SamVilde
Essential Contributor

Not loading on Safari!
SamVilde is offline   Reply With Quote