EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 28 Nov 2019, 06:44 AM   #16
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by somdcomputerguy View Post
On my laptop I use the Fossamail email client. With that, I can just read the note (email) and select 'edit as new' from the message menu. With K-9 on my phone, I don't see a similar function.

- Bruce
Thank you Bruce
edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2019, 07:01 AM   #17
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

With K-9 I've found that when doing a 'tap on and hold' on an entry in the Notes list, a menu pops up with a 'Send again' item. This is the same as 'Edit as new'.

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2019, 04:44 PM   #18
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
I need it in my browser but I use different browsers in different places: at home, in my job, in my smartphone, etc... I know I could create an account with Firefox for example and sync with the other devices, but I donīt use Firefox in all places.
I also use different browsers on different devices, but all the browsers I use have basic support (at least) for Google Docs. Are you looking for a solution that works also with text browsers such as Lynx?
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2019, 07:29 PM   #19
edu

Quote:
With K-9 I've found that when doing a 'tap on and hold' on an entry in the Notes list, a menu pops up with a 'Send again' item. This is the same as 'Edit as new'.

- Bruce
Yes, it's interesting but I see that it's only to send an email, not to change the Note and save it as a Note again.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 07:32 PM   #20
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
I also use different browsers on different devices, but all the browsers I use have basic support (at least) for Google Docs. Are you looking for a solution that works also with text browsers such as Lynx?
Not exactly.
For example, in my job I use Mypal (a modified Palemoon to work with Windows XP). I can't use Firefox there because it's impossible to use it updated with Windows XP.
At home I use Firefox and in my smartphone I also use Firefox.
I meant about the sync options in these browsers with an account.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 04:22 AM   #21
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Another option might be to set up a Wordpress blog somewhere. If I understand how these things work, you can point your browser at your own blog then log in and update the page. You could keep your list of links there.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2019, 04:44 AM   #22
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Or use Google Sites (if you have a gmail account you have access).
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2019, 05:17 AM   #23
somdcomputerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll View Post
Another option might be to set up a Wordpress blog somewhere. If I understand how these things work, you can point your browser at your own blog then log in and update the page. You could keep your list of links there.
You can also add a new entry to your blog (editing an existing entry can only be done thru their interface) there by sending an email to: an address assigned to that account. Note that this is not the email address used to sign up with that service, but an address created by WordPress when you sign up. It's not visible to another 'blog viewer/visitor', it's only known by you unless you give it to someone else.

- Bruce

eta: The 'post by email' address isn't generated automatically, it is created by the user.

Last edited by somdcomputerguy : 29 Nov 2019 at 07:56 AM.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 06:39 AM   #24
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll View Post
Thatīs an interesting idea, I think that the best for me. Thanks!
Old 29 Nov 2019, 06:40 AM   #25
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
Or use Google Sites (if you have a gmail account you have access).
Being sincere: I hate Google and I donīt use it, but I understand your idea. Thanks anyway.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 06:42 AM   #26
edu

Quote:
You can also add a new entry to your blog (editing an existing entry can only be done thru their interface) there by sending an email to: an address assigned to that account. Note that this is not the email address used to sign up with that service, but an address created by WordPress when you sign up. It's not visible to another 'blog viewer/visitor', it's only known by you unless you give it to someone else.

- Bruce
Iīll look for a non-tracking website offering simple Blogs and Iīll only post my links there.

Thank you all for your help!
Old 29 Nov 2019, 06:14 PM   #27
edu

Here are the steps I made:

I registered (with an invitation) an account in https://write.privacytools.io and customized my "Blog" in the options, avoiding to make my posts public.

Then in Fastmail I created a website only to redirect from my domain to it.

Done.

Now I only need to write the link and I can see my bookmarks. And I can add others easily.

Thanks a lot!
Old 29 Nov 2019, 11:01 PM   #28
somdcomputerguy

Hmm, PrivacyTools provides some interesting services. Matomo's web analytics software is interesting also. I hope this solution works out for you.

- Bruce
Old 30 Nov 2019, 01:23 AM   #29
edu

Thank you Bruce.