EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 10 Feb 2004, 07:21 AM   #196
bvliegen

very satisfied with fastmail.fm

I'm very glad i ran into the fastmail service some weeks ago. As soon as i read about their products and philosophy i immediately took a full account (50megs is fine for now :-). I asked a question the other day, got an email reply from Rob the same day. Do these guys ever sleep? Seriously, i really like it, and i hope they stay in business and don't sell out, so that I'll still have my fastmail adress in twenty years.
BTW I signed my two daughters (six and three years old) up for a free account, so that they too may be able to read their first emails twenty years from now. As soon as they start actually using them i'll upgrade their accounts.
Keep up the good work guys!
Bart Vliegen
Brunssum
The Netherlands
bvliegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2004, 08:54 AM   #197
kander
The "e" in e-mail

Hey Bart,

Welcome to EMD... good to see a fellow Dutchie over here I like the idea you did for your daughters, that's something I'll keep in mind for later, when I (hopefully) have kids of my own! Glad you're enjoying the FM service as much as you do. Rob and Jeremy put a lot of effort (and sleepless nights) into it, and it certainly shows off, IMO!

--K
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:05 PM   #198
ndalpha

1 year no spam

Heads up, its been a full year. I have not received one fricken piece of spam mail. I take full advantage of using/adding aliases, and what can I say, I am very happy. Thanks guys keep up the good work! I won’t be going anywhere.
ndalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 03:23 PM   #199
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

Re: 1 year no spam

Going on almost 2 years now - No spam.

Another happy Fastmailer.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 04:02 PM   #200
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

Re: very satisfied with fastmail.fm

Quote:
Originally posted by bvliegen
Do these guys ever sleep?
Ah the eternal question, the answer to which will forever be unknown.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Mar 2004, 07:56 AM   #201
rollerjam5

Wow, fastmail.fm sure was understnading. I have a guest account but desperately needed bandwidth so I put money in my account pool and contacted them. They gladly gave me extra bandwidth and the best part about it is they left the money in my account pool and gave it free! I'll be upgrading at Fastmail very soon!
rollerjam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Mar 2004, 08:32 AM   #202
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

You will be happy once you do,they are the best email service!! Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Mar 2004, 12:11 AM   #203
cashton

The best

I signed up for Fastmail before doing a bit of travelin around SE asia mostly because I didn't want to have to put loads of numbers after my name to get it as an email addy.
I didn't realise how fast it was until I was sitting in a cyber cafe in Hanoi next to someone I'd meet on a bus by the time they'd got the login screen on Hotmail up I'd already read my first email this difference in speed was a regular occurence whereever I went
I don't know or care why Fastmail is as fast as it is, I just sit back Smug in the knoledge my Email provider is brilliant .
cashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Mar 2004, 06:23 AM   #204
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

You are so right... fastmail is definetly the best!! Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Mar 2004, 04:54 PM   #205
Rufus

FM Flies

I've tried quite a few online email clients and Fastmail literally flies and is so much easier to use than anything else on the market. They just need to add HTML editing for sending emails and upgrade the address book and then they'll rung rings around anything that 'looks' better. I gave mailsnare a chance... but it just can't compete with intuitive way of doing things or speed. Oddpost is graphiclaly nice - but try getting answers from the bosses and forget about it. Is there a oddpost forum like this??????? (They've even shut down their own oddblog posts.)
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Mar 2004, 02:16 PM   #206
buttmonkey

Okay I've been kinda hesitant to start raving about fastmail after just signing up so i have managed to resist such a temptation and instead waited for a couple of weeks. I am glad i did!

I have learnt so much more about this service and I feel that I have yet scratched the surface. Consolidated zipped attachments? Ohmigawd!

For a person who's downgraded from broadband to dial up (yes i do cry and roll in a foetal position every now and again) this service is a godsend. Downloading several attached word docs now take seconds instead of minutes. Writing and checking mail is a breeze. Even the the most simplest tasks such as reading an email, placing that read email into a folder and moving onto the next unread email in the mailbox takes takes a few clicks of a mouse and a couple of blinks of an eye!

Okay i'm rambling. I'll stop. It's all too good.
buttmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Mar 2004, 04:16 PM   #207
gyaresu

Let me give you money for file hosting as soon as possible

please.

I love it.

I need file hosting NOW.

must... give... you... money.

gyaresu
gyaresu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Mar 2004, 04:27 PM   #208
kander
The "e" in e-mail

*cough* Check out the Beta Server, and your wish will be granted.

But please, don't let this discourage you from giving FM money... no, not at all, that kind of behaviour is very good, I think, and should be stimulated whenever possible. Give in to the urge. Give them your money. Don't resist it...

--K
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Mar 2004, 11:19 PM   #209
Garigolf

Lightbulb Fastmail.fm is the very best!

In an Internet Cafe recently, I saw a blonde girl opening up a Hotmail.com account and became aware that there are actually people out there who do not have Fastmail !!!!

I guess she must have been a masochist and just loved the 7 cookies that were needed to get to her first summary page and in the time it took me to open, read and permanently delete my fastmail, she finally got to her first inbox message.

Yes siree - there are people who learn more slowly than others

Goodonya Fastmail - you are the best.
Garigolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2004, 06:32 AM   #210
Barry

Thumbs up

I found Fastmail only the other day i was so impressed with what i've read i signed up on the enhanced yearly plan. I think most of the time you can tell when your backing a winner.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote