EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 12 Jul 2016, 09:55 AM   #16
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Did anyone experiencing this problem file a FastMail support request? I asked FastMail staff about this issue, and they said they rotated IP's to avoid this issue. But they don't know if that's what's going on with Craigslist.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2016, 09:57 AM   #17
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Did anyone experiencing this problem file a FastMail support request? I asked FastMail staff about this issue, and they said they rotated IP's to avoid this issue. But they don't know if that's what's going on with Craigslist.

Bill
I tried, it's a dummy email system with 0 live people in support. I put something onto their forum, but no one seems to read that either.

So.... Out of Luck.
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2016, 09:10 AM   #18
pi77

fastmail blocked by craigslist AND

yahoo.

for the last YEAR i have had no replies to craigslist to my fm account.

i recently realized that yahoo emails are being blocked by fastmail as well. when i googled this issue the responses i saw indictated a 'he said she said issue' where fastmail blames yahoo and yahoo blames fastmail.....

..... to a mexican stand off.

most recently i stopped receiving ALL EMAILS to my fastmail account. this started right after fastmail announced changes to the fastmail service.

all my personal contacts and business contacts have gone through this same account now for 18 years. I AM NOT HAPPY.
pi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2016, 11:16 AM   #19
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi77 View Post
... all my personal contacts and business contacts have gone through this same account now for 18 years. I AM NOT HAPPY.
I'm sorry that you are not happy. The Fastmail email service has not existed for that long (18 years), and it appears from your earlier comments that you have a free grandfathered account which came from an old operamail 1997 account.
http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...891#post518891
Fastmail has not had any relationship to Opera for the past 3 years, and there have been no new free (Guest) accounts created in 4 years. Existing Guest level accounts still work as long as you periodically log into your account. Guest accounts do not get personal support, since Fastmail has no revenue stream from non-paying accounts (since there is no advertising).

When you say that you recently stopped receiving all emails to your Fastmail account, when did this happen? Can you still log into your account at http://www.fastmail.com? Do you get any error messages? Has Fastmail sent you any warning messages about closing your account?

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2016, 07:55 PM   #20
markiehill

I had the same problem with CL - it seems to be worse if you use an alias
markiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2016, 08:02 PM   #21
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by markiehill View Post
I had the same problem with CL - it seems to be worse if you use an alias
What can we do? I'm losing so many sales.
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2016, 12:28 AM   #22
jkc054

Angry

I have a Craiglist account using my FM email address. I also have a Gmail account.

I created an Craigslist ad. I logged out of my CL account and then I viewed the ad. I clicked on the reply by email link as if I was a potential buyer using my Gmail address and sent the response. I received the response that had been sent to my FM address. I clicked reply and sent it which means it should have gone to my Gmail address. I NEVER RECEIVED IT.

I have confirmed that if I use Fastmail when creating a CL account if someone uses the CL reply by email method for my ad I receive it in Fastmail but when I reply to that person who has a Gmail address they will NOT receive it.

I just submitted a ticket with Fastmail support and with CL support.

Last edited by jkc054 : 19 Jul 2016 at 12:40 AM.
jkc054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2016, 03:22 AM   #23
reynj

I'm having the same issue with Fastmail and CraigsList. I've replied to a number of ads, but would never receive an answer. I switched to using my yahoo account to send, and then they started responding.

I missed out on a sweet Fender Telecaster because of this.
reynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2019, 09:43 AM   #24
paleolith
Cornerstone of the Community

Nine years, and CL still can't get it right.

CL was working for me for several months. Then early last month I posted three items, got several responses, replied, and wondered why no one was responding. Finally realized they must not be getting my emails, tested as described above, yep CL was silently discarding my replies.

People on the CL forum seem to know this is a known problem between FM and CL. (But there does not seem to be anyone on that forum as knowledgeable as the people we have here.)

I submitted a support request to FM. They provided me with the log entry proving that FM successfully delivered my test email to CL, the one that never arrived.

I submitted this on the CL support form. I got exactly the response that I would expect based on the posts above.

As stated above, CL has a lock and there's no real alternative to just using an email address from a different service. It grates but them's the marbles.

Edward
paleolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2019, 06:33 AM   #25
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

I also long ago noticed this problem and rather than even coming here to the forum to vent (somehow didn't even think of it ), I just gave up immediately and use a non-FM email address for all CL business. Now seeing how many people have experienced this over so many years... one wonders what the deal is. Could it be that someone in power at CL has a chip on their shoulder against FM? Otherwise it's hard to imagine sheer incompetence being the reason, for a company like CL that has existed so long and whose bread and butter is so deeply tied in to email as a technology.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote