EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 13 Apr 2017, 06:11 PM   #1
Epoch

Now that I'm leaving

They are ending my free email, so I'm moving somewhere else.
The main reason, is that they changed from their simple interface to a more google appearance which removed functionality; such as cannot delete permanently in one move.

I'll be keeping one business email with them, because they have been a alright company. I hope they improve in the future.

As I was cleaning everything out, I noticed there was still 5mb of data used up?
Spam, my spam folder is full WTF? Why isn't that deleted, do you guys even tag the spam, how long do I need to keep the spam before it is no longer useful in flagging spam?
In the past this was not an issue, spam went to the ether.

Another annoying feature (iphone) I'm not able to logout from the drop down menu the "logout" is off the screen and cannot be reached. I have to hack my way out with "switch user".
This is a real flaw with drop down "buggy" menu systems that are ALL THE RAGE these days, why the f**k I don't know. Super annoying.
Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Apr 2017, 12:21 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

You can set an auto-purge time interval in the Settings>Folders screen for the Spam folder.
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2017, 08:17 AM   #3
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
The main reason, is that they changed from their simple interface to a more google appearance which removed functionality; such as cannot delete permanently in one move.
Delete permanently can be done in one "move" with the % keyboard shortcut. But now that I've written the rest of this message, maybe you meant on your phone. True, I have not found a simple permanent delete on the phone app (if anyone knows it, please advise). However for me this is not a problem since I do my email almost entirely on the "big" machine rather than the phone. I have thought that the lack of permanent delete on the phone app could be a feature, as it is much easier to delete things accidentally on the small touchscreen.

Quote:
Another annoying feature (iphone) I'm not able to logout from the drop down menu the "logout" is off the screen and cannot be reached. I have to hack my way out with "switch user".
Not sure what you mean. I've never had trouble getting to the Logout link on my iPhone (iOS 10.3). Oh... well.. I meant within the FM app. Not sure about browser access. If you were not using the app, I'd have suggested that.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote