EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 5 Apr 2017, 04:54 PM   #31
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Yes I know you have to use the address Fastmail gave you just for your news letters it's that easy.

You give the news letter people the NEW Fastmail address....and the carry on as normal with your account.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Apr 2017, 05:21 PM   #32
noclue
Cornerstone of the Community

Right. Am in the process of doing that.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2017, 03:50 PM   #33
noclue

Well, so far it isn't working, but I figure it might take a week or so for the organizations to get their newsletters out... I just can't understand why all of this happened in the first place.
Old 7 Apr 2017, 03:11 PM   #34
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

I also have your problem, I subscribed to a news letter and missed 2 replies it was only when I put their name in my address book that the 3rd email was in my in box, it seems emails with links get discarded.
My spam settings are not very high.

I wrote to 8 people in the UK and only got 1 reply which I thought was strange, but my email had a website link so of they hit reply fastmail may have rejected that link.

My wife has also noticed a drop in volume of emails in her mail box.

May have been my sieve script, I have deleted most of it now, perhaps Fastmail changed their rules so it in turn changed mine....who knows.

Last edited by Terry : 7 Apr 2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 7 Apr 2017, 05:21 PM   #35
noclue

Something has changed at FastMail. Everything was sailing along fine for years, and then boom. Did they get bought out?
Old 7 Apr 2017, 05:28 PM   #36
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

No not for sale as far as I know......but who knows.

Perhaps they have changed some of the sieve script rules or spam learning which in turn made my very old sieve scrip out of date.

I'm diverting all my mail now to a back up mail box as 6 of the emails I missed were important.

They have also changed how the sieve works as I no longer have require ["envelope", "imapflags", "fileinto", "reject", "notify", "vacation", "regex", "relational", "comparator-i;ascii-numeric", "body", "copy"]; at the top of my script it now seems to be built in....so are we are getting controlled sieve script now.

Last edited by Terry : 7 Apr 2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 8 Apr 2017, 03:53 AM   #37
chickadee

"Everything was sailing along fine for years, and then boom." I couldn't have said it better, noclue. I contend that whoever recently changed the spam-detection algorithms at FastMail "used a sledgehammer to crack a nut" (a British and Australian idiom).
chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2017, 09:26 AM   #38
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

There is no email from Fastmail now advising what your old sieve script was or has been changed.
Old 8 Apr 2017, 02:54 PM   #39
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
There is no email from Fastmail now advising what your old sieve script was or has been changed.
The current rules page with the new method for adding user sieve was in beta 14 months ago, and became a standard feature on about March 1, 2016. When this change occurred Fastmail automatically tried to migrate any existing custom sieve to the new system.
  • In the old rules system (before March, 2016) you could use a completely custom manual sieve script or the rules system (which automatically created sieve code). When you reverted back to the normal rules system your custom sieve script was discarded, so Fastmail automatically sent you an email containing your old sieve code.
  • There was a different system available on beta for several years before that date which allowed a mixture of custom sieve and normal rules, but it was not easy to use.
  • After about March 1, 2016, there is no way to delete your custom sieve code with one button. You always have a mixture of rules and custom sieve (if you choose to add the sieve manually). So that old sieve email feature is no longer needed.
  • If you want to save a copy of all of the sieve (your manual sieve and the automatically generated sieve from your spam filter, rules, and a few other features), just use the Copy To Clipboard button at the top of the sieve editing page and paste the sieve into Notepad or some other text editor. This will save all sieve steps (automatic and manual).
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2017, 04:49 PM   #40
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Ok Thank you, a few months ago I use to get an email with the old script in. I'm not using that much sieve at the moment as I have not been receiving some of my mail for some reason. I only found out when I blasted someone for not replying and they sent a copy of the 3 emails.

I lost about 6 or 7 from the UK and they are upset because I did not reply....

I have diverted my mail to a back up mailbox now, I use to have this feature but I done away with it as I though Fastmail were delivering all my mail.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 03:51 PM   #41
noclue

Well, the idea suggested by Support is just not working. I have written them back, but I am now at the point of opening a (GASP) gmail account.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 05:40 PM   #42
chickadee

Four newsletters stopped appearing in my FastMail account, noclue. I now have them sent to a UKInbox.com account. UKInbox is free and does not discard messages, as FastMail began doing within the past six months. Perhaps you should check it out.

Last edited by chickadee : 13 Apr 2017 at 06:01 PM. Reason: corrected grammatical error
Old 13 Apr 2017, 06:03 PM   #43
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
. I now have them sent to a UKInbox.com account. [...] Perhaps you should check it out.
I did check it out and it seems signup are allowed only from a UK IP address. Otherwise you get a cryptic "there is a problem with the signup" message.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2017, 06:19 PM   #44
chickadee

I live in the U.S. and signed up for my UKInbox account "many" years ago. I tried to sign up for another account just now (using a different IP address), and couldn't. Apparently, only UK residents can now get an account. Sorry!
Old 19 Apr 2017, 04:35 PM   #45
noclue

Maybe since I am an American they are trying to get rid of me?

This is getting more and more entertaining. I am getting one of the newsletters I signed up for, but it's addressed to my cousin in another city. You can't make this stuff up.