EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 29 Jun 2018, 09:57 PM   #1
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Bluehome.net

Tried to log in to bluehome.net that last two days today this was displayed on their web page.

Quote:
BlueHome.Net
BlueHome.Net experienced a hardware failure on June 27 2018.

Everything has been moved over to a new server, which is now in operation.
Password Resets

Passwords were stored in an encrypted form (as they should be) so we have way to know what they were.

Everyone's passwords were reset. To get access to your account again please contact support@bluehome.net via email or contact jxself on irc.freenode.net.
Getting to the site is slow, there is a login button on the page, but been waiting several minutes now. Will wait and see if I get a response to my email I sent.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Jun 2018, 06:45 AM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

So let's see--they say they have no way to access your passwords, but they have all been reset. If they have no way to access them, and you don't know the password, how are you supposed to be able to log in?
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jul 2018, 01:32 AM   #3
wrh4498

Smile Tried to log into bluehome.net

From what I was told, the computer that ran blue home.net, died. Currently the administrator of bluehome is/or has moved bluehome over to another computer.
wrh4498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jul 2018, 07:27 PM   #4
chrisretusn

I sent an email via another provider, got my temporary password and all is well.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 07:28 PM   #5
chrisretusn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
So let's see--they say they have no way to access your passwords, but they have all been reset. If they have no way to access them, and you don't know the password, how are you supposed to be able to log in?
"To get access to your account again please contact support@bluehome.net via email or contact jxself on irc.freenode.net."
Old 3 Jul 2018, 11:28 PM   #6
curvefan
Essential Contributor

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I sent an email providing my user ID name and within an hour or so I received an email with a temporary password.

You now have to log in using your full address, like johndoe@bluehome.net, and once in I changed the temporary password and all is well.
curvefan is offline   Reply With Quote