EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 12 Jan 2006, 02:40 AM   #1
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
New IMAP server in Beta III

We've now deployed the new IMAP server on the main application servers (port 1143) to test performance in preparation for full launch.

You might want to use a test (trial) account to participate in testing.

Client setup
  • Server name: imap.runbox.com
  • Server port: 1143
  • SSL: Not yet
  • ThunderBird must use "INBOX" as root folder to synchronize Sent folder.
Known issues
  • Clients may display the To address in the From field for existing messages in the Sent folder, because the database is going to contain both sender and recipient addresses for all messages. Please ignore this for now, and avoid moving messages to/from the Sent folder. New messages sent from the IMAP server should display To and From addresses correctly.
  • Folders on format "Inbox.subfolder" will be displayed but not read by client. If a "subfolder" exists, only this one will be displayed in client.
  • Thunderbird 1.0.* will show messages with double linefeeds. Use TB 1.5 instead.
  • Drafts folder is not synchronized.
- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 Jan 2006, 03:07 AM   #2
krambjas

Is there a timetable for getting the subfolder display issue fixed?
krambjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2006, 03:12 AM   #3
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Folders on the format "Inbox.subfolder" in Webmail will not be supported by the new IMAP server because Inbox is a special folder and is treated differently than other folders.

All other folders on the format "folder.subfolder" in Webmail will be displayed as parent folder and subfolder in the client.

- Geir
Old 12 Jan 2006, 03:19 AM   #4
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally posted by Geir
Folders on the format "Inbox.subfolder" in Webmail will not be supported by the new IMAP server because Inbox is a special folder and is treated differently than other folders.
But simply renaming the folder in the Runbox Mail Manager (RMM) web interface from "Inbox.subfolder" to something like "Inbox2.subfolder" should make it visible to the IMAP client ... right?

Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2006, 05:09 AM   #5
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Any folder containing "Inbox" in its name cannot be a parent folder.

This affects very few existing folders, and they will have to be renamed to display correctly in an IMAP client. For instance, a folder called "Inbox.Work" should be renamed to "InboxWork".

- Geir
Old 13 Jan 2006, 04:48 AM   #6
krambjas

I'm using Outlook Express and when this was first announced and I made the change in my OE config, I could only see the main folders (I have no subfolders of Inbox). I did it again today and now I can see all folders and subfolders I can't see the Inbox!

If I do not set the root folder (empty) in OE configuration, then I get an Inbox folder, with all of my other folders under it, including a 2nd Inbox folder. I can show or hide both Inbox folder, but upon trying to access either of them, I get:

The server did not respond to this IMAP command before the connection was terminated.

Configuration:
Account: imap.runbox.com
Server: imap.runbox.com
User name: krambjas
Protocol: IMAP
Port: 1143
Secure(SSL): 0
Code: 800ccc0f

If I set the root folder to Inbox as I have in the past, I get only one Inbox, but it is not recognized as the Inbox (not first in the list for folders) and I get the same error as above when I try to access it.
krambjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2006, 06:26 AM   #7
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
This is probably a problem with a missing or damaged file in Outlook Express. See this Microsoft article for how to resolve it (on my system the file was called "Folders.dbx").

- Geir
Old 20 Jan 2006, 01:55 AM   #8
ALG

Geir,

I may have found a small annoying bug with the new server. It will not allow me to unsubscribe from a folder.

I have a folder labeled Archive w/3 subfolders. It is just what it says it is a storage folder. I like to keep it unscribed because it is not an active folder and I don't want to look at it.
However every time I get new headers it reappears in my folder list.

I am using a Mac 10.3.9 w/Entourage 11.1.0
I understand this could be an Entourage issue but it was not happening on the old server. I just could not reliably connect on it. So if I have to make a trade I will live with the folder issue.

Thanks,

AL
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2006, 12:39 AM   #9
Dreambiz
Essential Contributor

What happened to Cujo?

Do we need to change the name from Cujo to Imap?
Dreambiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2006, 12:44 AM   #10
ALG

I also have 2 INBOX folders. One at the top of the list and one listed alphabetically.

AL
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2006, 02:33 AM   #11
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Re: What happened to Cujo?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreambiz
Do we need to change the name from Cujo to Imap?
It is still running on Cujo, but it's better to use imap.runbox.com:1143 from now on (note the port number).

- Geir
Old 21 Jan 2006, 02:37 AM   #12
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally posted by ALG
I also have 2 INBOX folders. One at the top of the list and one listed alphabetically.
Could you try setting the root folder in your client to "INBOX"?

- Geir
Old 23 Jan 2006, 12:40 AM   #13
jhuntington

FYI, I set up a "Beta" login in addition to my standard Runbox entry in TBird, and somewhere along the line Runbox marked every single message (65000+) as "Unread" so I have to go back in and mark every folder as read...

I deleted the Beta account from TBird for now.

John
jhuntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2006, 01:02 AM   #14
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hm. I have set up duplicate email client accounts for my Runbox accounts on both the regular and the new IMAP server in several different clients, without the read/unread status being affected.

Could this be a bug with Thunderbird, or could you unintentionally have marked them as unread?

- Geir
Old 23 Jan 2006, 01:02 AM   #15
jhuntington

It turns out the "unread" marking is only in TBird--I don't see it in Webmail. It may be related to the fact that i have my main machine download all messages (not just headers) to backup RunBox...

John
jhuntington is offline   Reply With Quote