EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 18 Dec 2020, 09:43 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Runbox Question

I Signed uwith Runbox and decided i like it so i will go ahead and pay for it. They said all money goes through STRIPE. I went to STRIPE AND TRIED TO PAY. They rejected my Debit Card. I tried to itried to pay with my well known Credit Card. They sent note YO0UR CREDIT CARD IS NOT COVERED BY US OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. mY CREDEIT CARD IS KNOWN NATION WIDE. ANYONE KNOW HOW MYSELF OR ANYONE CAN
sign up and use Runbox ? I have the one month free trial version. This does'n seem any way to. run a railroad to use an old slang.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Dec 2020, 07:54 PM   #2
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Send an email, explaining your problem, from your Runbox account to:

support@runbox.com
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2020, 08:49 PM   #3
TenFour
Master of the @

Their support page says you can pay via Paypal also: https://runbox.com/price-plans/payment-methods/

Quote:
Runbox currently accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards via our payments partner Stripe.

Pre-paid cards from the issuers above may also be accepted for payment. However, some providers of pre-paid cards do have restrictions that might affect whether our payment processor (Stripe) is able to process your particular card.

If your card is declined by your bank, you should contact them and ask them to allow the payment. If after contacting your bank you continue to have any problems using your card, you can often use your card to pay using PayPal, even without an account with them.

Note that we don’t support automatic renewals via PayPal.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2020, 09:32 PM   #4
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Their support page says you can pay via Paypal also: https://runbox.com/price-plans/payment-methods/
Yeah, but @sheprd needs a Paypal account for that.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2020, 09:45 PM   #5
TenFour
Master of the @

No, you don't need a PayPal account to pay via PayPal. They just act as the credit card processor.
Quote:
you can often use your card to pay using PayPal, even without an account with them.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2020, 04:51 AM   #6
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
No, you don't need a PayPal account to pay via PayPal. They just act as the credit card processor.
OK, didn’t know that. And didn’t read carefully.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jan 2021, 09:13 AM   #7
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Anothr Runbox Question

When i send an email my full name is sent in front of the outgoing email address. Back in the good ol days there was a link to eliminate my name and let just the outgoing email go
Any one know if Runbox still gives option to remove senders name from the out going email
Old 2 Jan 2021, 09:31 AM   #8
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
When i send an email my full name is sent in front of the outgoing email address. Back in the good ol days there was a link to eliminate my name and let just the outgoing email go
Any one know if Runbox still gives option to remove senders name from the out going email
Yes, in the NEW interface, I think you go under Settings > Account > Identities and you should be able to change it. HOWEVER, I recently had some minor weird issue with it, and I chalked that up to it being a beta. Just test things out to make sure it's working the way you want it to.

So you can switch back to the OLD interface too and go to Preferences, and then you can select the folder (Inbox, for example), and adjust your name.

Still, I'd suggest testing it there too, once you tweak your settings, since if you switch back and forth between v6 and v7 like I do, I had a minor little issue with identities and folder preferences at some point, and I had to tweak again.

Hope that helps!
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jan 2021, 09:46 AM   #9
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thank you very much ioneja you have been a big help