EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 12 May 2020, 10:13 AM   #1
TenFour
Master of the @

Newton rises from the grave

Expensive, but some people love it. Any fans here?https://www-inputmag-com.cdn.ampproj...e-by-superfans
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 May 2020, 06:57 PM   #2
shenton
Essential Contributor

Been using it for years! I must admit that it's one of the VERY few apps I'm prepared to pay for. The first time it went bust, I was so happy when Essential bought it but felt like a fool when I paid again and the updates stopped, followed by the inevitable statement that it was going under again.

I like the look of the credentials of the guys who have taken over and had a brief correspondence with the CEO. I said that I would never pay again, but I may well have been convinced!
shenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2020, 08:09 PM   #3
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Expensive, but some people love it. Any fans here?https://www-inputmag-com.cdn.ampproj...e-by-superfans

50 USD a year??? LOL..no way. Iam happy with aqua mail..which is also a very good and proven email app (on android)...and wayyyy cheaper..!

Thanks..but NO thanks.

D
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2020, 08:15 PM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

It's hard for me to understand from their website what makes Newton so special it is worth $50 a year. What makes it so great? Personally, I have tried various apps that sound somewhat similar, like the now defunct Inbox by Gmail and Edison. I found myself battling the AI, which never seemed to truly make things easier, just different. For example, pre-sorting email fails a certain percentage of the time, so instead of just reviewing emails in one place--the Inbox--you have to review emails in multiple locations to make sure you aren't missing something.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2020, 08:31 PM   #5
shenton
Essential Contributor

I fully get why people don't like paying the 50 per year, but it's worth it for me. I do a lot of emailing and the app just works for me! I don't do the pre-sorting and use 5 email addresses. I like the fact that I can drop emails directly into Evernote or Todoist directly from the app.

The big thing is that I use an iPad, Windows Laptop and Android phone. The app is almost identical on each.

Also, there is very little setting up to do. Once set up, it just works. I grew tired of tinkering with various apps to get the result I want.

I think it is probably too expensive, but for the peace of mind and ease of work, I reckon £1 per week works for me!
shenton is offline   Reply With Quote